Weird Hammer bug please help

corpsgrinder360

L1: Registered
Jan 30, 2016
In my 3D view when I click on a brush, hammer ignores what i click and selects something else as if the brushes i'm clicking don't exist... but they do.

Also just now lost all but 1 view so i'm stuck with either a 3D or one of the 2D views

there a way to reset all settings to default, i was trying to make props appear at a further range.

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
You probably set "Reverse selection order" to true.
When you hold clicking on something, it's gonna be cycling through selections further away that are in the line of your camera and the place you've clicked on. If it hits something there isn't anything behind, it returns to the first thing that you've exactly clicked on.
The option I've named, well, reverses the order and instead of going front-to-back, it goes back-to-front, starting with the most far away behind thing when you click on something.
One of those Hammer options I wonder why even damn exist

Last edited:

corpsgrinder360

Jan 30, 2016
Holy crap thanks now i just need to figure out why my 2d views don't exist now also remember that bug with windows xp were multiple option windows stay until you deselect the toolbar that's also annoying me. Thanks Crowbar your amazing!

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
"Don't exist" as in, 3D view is taking all the space?
If so, you might've set it to that with Shift-Z, but if you've relaunched Hammer/reloaded map after that, the shortcut will cease to toggle it back. You'll probably need to use Ctrl-A to rescale viewports back and set them to how they had been before.
If "Don't' exist" means something else, would you please elaborate/provide screenshots?

corpsgrinder360

Jan 30, 2016
Crowbar you've helped me so much and saved me so much pain!
Your amazing!
This is why i love this community!
All problems solved thanks for the help!