VRAD Error

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Nighttime71, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Nighttime71

Nighttime71 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Out of the blue I start getting this weird error in my VRAD compile

vraderror.png

It's talking about lights.rad and it is in my folder and has been for a while with no issues before. I even compiled older levels with lighting that previously could compile VRAD and now they have an error too. If I load up the map it crashes TF2 when spawning. (this may be a separate issue though)

Another error that may be unrelated is that my light_environment and logic_auto are invisible.

fgderror.jpg

Interlopers compile check didn't find anything btw.

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    If more maps have this issue (as you said) while they were fine before your lights.rad file is more than likely corrupt in some form. If you have a backup of an older lights.rad file, copy that over. Another thing you could do is open the lights.rad file with something like Notepad++ and see if you can fix the errors yourself by removing all those weird signs like the music note and the cross. Those aren't even available as keys on a keyboard and they shouldn't be in a lights.rad file. The last thing you can do is delete this lights.rad file, then validate TF2's cache so it'll download the stock file for you. Go to Steam->right-click Team Fortress 2 in the game library on the left->Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game cache.

3. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    The default lights.rad file is stored in the root folder of tf2_misc_dir.vpk. Simply editing it is not possible.

4. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Custom lights.rad files aren't. This is most likely a custom lights.rad file, as I see no way for the default file to get so corrupted it starts putting out music notes and crosses.

5. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    These symbols are as special as an "A" or "+". You can type all of these by pressing down Alt and then a combination of numbers. For example: Alt + 456 = ╚ Alt + 159 = ƒ
    My gues is that on the binary level a 0 and a 1 got mixed up or something, causing the weird characters.

Whatever the fuck happened: Validate game cache, especially because of the invisible entity sprites.