VRAD doing some strange things

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Apr 10, 2011.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So I'm compiling a side-project of mine, and VRAD gives me this:

** BuildFacelights: 0.. warning - face vectors parallel to face normal. bad lighting will be produced

Interlopers' error checker has nothing on this. Anyone here know what's going on?

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried an Alt+P? Sounds like an invalid brush, perpendicular texture axis, or some similar error that Hammer could detect.

3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I got this once, I think. If you go into your map, you'll probably see a face or two somewhere that are bright red. It means something went wrong during texturing, and you'll need to retexture them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    I saw something bright red awhile ago and remade the brush, and now it's fine.

Which is strange because I didn't do anything out of the ordinary with it, other than some minor vertex manip

hammer, why you so crazy

5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I think what happens is if you have texture lock on or something and then vertex-manip a face 90 degrees, it thinks the texture on it should be, you know, perpendicular with the face. When it happened to me, it was on criss-cross beams between vertical ones, like on a barn door you know? ...and I had probably tried to copypaste and then vertex-manipulate the beam going one way to make the beam going the other way.

6. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Now that the problem seems to have been addressed, I'd like to discuss another strange thing VRAD did one time. I was sleeping in late one Sunday because the night before I had been to a friend's party and had been drinking heavily. I had a huge headache so I got up and took some asprin and tried to go back to sleep, but I was awakened by VRAD coming into the room. I just pretended to be asleep, and VRAD stood over me, watching and breathing heavily for several minutes. Finally, when I couldn't take it anymore, I opened my eyes and saw VRAD holding a clothing iron and a butter knife. When he saw that I caught him staring at me he pretended to be looking for something on the desk nearby and then left the room. Do you think I should be concerned?

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    VRAD, He's climbing your windows,
    He's snatching your textures up,
    He's trying to change 'em
    So hide your kids, hide your wife...

Hide your kids, hide your wife...

I kinda couldn't think of a good way to end that...