- Mar 1, 2010
From the maker of that one egypt map that sucked and that other really bad one, comes cp_volkar! (working title)
Medieval gamemode map. Blu team spawns on either side of Red's castle in trojan horses (historical inaccuracy intended) and attacks one of two courtyard control points. The castle is symmetrical, so spawning on either side will put you closer to one of the points, hopefully dividing the forces somewhat and not cause the pouring out effect of degroot where 95% of Blu runs out the same door.
Capping both points opens two gates leading to a spiral staircase going up the central tower and to the final point, also to Red's spawn. (This may need to get tweaked, we'll see in testing.)
The goal was to create a map with similar goals as degroot, minus the meat grinder of the front gate and cramped final point.
And as a reminder, the map is A1 please be aware of this when leaving feedback. Textures are not final, nor anything for that matter really. I'm focusing mostly on gameplay at this point.
- Water reflections are messed up due to me tossing only few env_cubemaps around to start with.
- No spectator cameras, sorry, forgot to put it in before my last last last last final for real this time compile and I've done it enough times already, will be fixed next iteration
- Two I/O connections that aren't in use but will be later, just placeholders for now
- My horses are ugly. I know, they are temporary, I'm hoping to get a proper model at some point, or put more time into it myself and propper it.
- Lighting is a bit dark on the spiral staircases. It should be ok for now, but we'll see.
- A few dark props that need fixing.
- I should have probably put markers around the cap points to show where the trigger is.
- Cubemaps were built after screenshots, sorry.