Ventus

MVM Ventus b6

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
the color of the horizon in the skybox and the fog are not the same which leads to an abrupt disjoint of the water from the skybox.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
They are. The disjoint between the two is unavoidable, I'm afraid. The colours are the same, it has to do with the distances they render.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Alright, false alarm. Giant bots are still getting stuck. Come back in a few weeks for the new version.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
~Super Triple Post~

Beta 5 up. This version doesn't crash, and the bots shouldn't get stuck. There's probably some issue, but as far as I can tell it works.

Turbo Lover

Fight me under Glasgow Central Station
aa
Feb 15, 2011
22srm

Seems your bot pathing troubles aren't over yet.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
They also get stuck here:

A4jKLoD.jpg

Some of them (like the soldiers) seem to be able to get in there and out with no problem, but the snipers were all running in and getting stuck.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
That makes me wonder, though: If one gets stuck there and the entire rest of the wave is killed off, does the sniper suicide because he's a support bot who doesn't drop money anyway, or do you have to hunt him down and kill him before the wave can end?

Vaconcovat

L3: Member
Jan 15, 2012
If he is support, he will suicide. I'm not sure if they will suicide if they are a support WITH money, but in general i'd say its safer to not give your support bots any money. Also, Giants would get stuck there and essentially hold the bomb away from the hatch and we could win the waves with little threat.

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
This map is beautiful and feels very French seaside town, but I have some problems with it:

- Sentrybusters have difficult/can't get to the platform with the the forward upgrade station (nice idea, btw).

- Although I was playing by myself, the whole map feels skewed, with a lot of the action taking place near the boat + wood ramps and on the sand and very little inland near the cafe area.

- You might as well use whatever the brush entity is that tells bots to avoid an area to stop them going in the water at the wood ramps because that only causes headaches anyway.

- Pyros are really powerful on this map, as there are two places at the hatch where you can set the bomb back really far: sending it off the bridge and at the top of the wooden ramps. In fact, you probably want a rail or something at the top of the ramp because it is just way to easy to postpone the bots infinitely.

- The spawn room floor texture is the same as the floor texture just outside. Butt ugly. In fact, I think you should have a tweak and make the spawn look a little more indoors.

Still, love the map and I just wish there were any European custom MvM servers.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
There is a func_nav_avoid stopping the bots going in the water and ramps. Too bad it doesn't actually work.

Deaddropping

L1: Registered
Mar 5, 2013
Great Map!

This is the best map out of the contest, but i did find a bug. you can jump on the large boat from the small boat, then onto the coast on the other side of the rock. what you can do there is beyond me. anyway, i think it would be cool to make that second boat fully accessible and build able, but if not, block it off. thanks for making this, and good luck in the contest!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
cafe tests show that this map has a lot of functional issues with pathing.

mvm_ventus_b6: Looks real pretty - I absolutely love the beachfront style of the map. The only problem is that it seems functionally broken. Bots didn't care to follow the signs laid out, and because of that they took the shortest route possible (at least on wave 1 and 2, couldnt' get further). The waves need to be toned out in difficulty, because the shortest route possible is only 4 turns away from the bot's spawnpoint, and when wave 2 features 30+ Bowmen on a map without a lot of cover, it's just asking to get destroyed quickly.

Last edited: