Venezia

KotH Venezia a3

Sep 7, 2012
The point island is set a little too far apart from either side's entrances. This is problematic because it makes it difficult to push up to and take control of the point. The other team can easily spot you coming and rotate to block your entrance and spam you out. The deep water doesn't help either, as exiting the water causes you to move slowly and leaves you vulnerable and disoriented for a second.
This could be changed by putting the stairs/ramps further into the water to make the exiting process more gradual, or by putting displacement mounts into sections of the water to break up the deeper parts and provide a standing area in the lower trenches where teams can maneuver more easily.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Couple of things:

More ways to get out of the water are needed to make it not seem like a death pit.
The door on the left in the first screenshot has a sniper sightline to the same door on the other side that's too long. A barrier on the cp would fix this.
A 3rd way out of spawn wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well that's it, really. Really hope you're going to continue this map.

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
Oh I hope this gets to the detailing phase. I would love to see a Venice themed map.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Main notes from earlier today:
Please extend the stairs all the way into the water so that you can just walk straight up them without the annoying little hop you have to do with them flush with the water surface.

The interiors are pretty open and the doorways are wide enough that you can see into the buildings from a wide range and wide angle, so being inside provides little shelter. As such it felts very unsafe as heavy.

There should probably be some kind of entirely or nearly-entirely underwater tunnel somewhere. Perhaps off to either side with a drop down into the water from one of the buildings.

Some first floor action would be great too, something to give non-jumping classes a bit of height would be great. Some cool building-bridges would be awesome too: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Venice,_Bridge_of_Sighs.jpg

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Feedback time.

EDCE6EC2D59230422391B59EA8EC68F15A20B48C

This Sniper sightline on the bridge right of spawn is a bit too long.

5B6D62395E2DE03D17947BB22C1728D0EEFB9BCF

This area now serves no purpose. A good thing to do would be to make a hallway there again so that Spies can go underwater behind enemy lines.

8FEBFA3085DA16734DDF00A9A2397DCD204DB61F

Sniper sightline that's again too long and gives the Sniper too much cover.

94AE206FED15D240B4CB5FC4D334AEE9AFAF0588

This area feels too big. It takes about 14-15 seconds to walk to the control point which is a bit too long. For reference, it takes 10 seconds to walk to mid on Viaduct at 100% speed.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Feedback time.
This area now serves no purpose. A good thing to do would be to make a hallway there again so that Spies can go underwater behind enemy lines.

That area never had a purpose, there was no hallway there before. I might do something with it later depending on how things play out.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
That area never had a purpose, there was no hallway there before. I might do something with it later depending on how things play out.

You're right, I thought A1 had a hallway there. Guess not.

But yeah, a sewer thing or something similar so that Spies can cloak in the water and sneak behind enemy lines will make Spies happy.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I guess I should've described this in the thread instead of the feedback system, because my quick description probably wasn't clear- at the point, you can stand on the shelf props on the carts and look out through the cracks at the too below the curtain prop (or whatever you would call the draping roof of the cart). If I was a better Sniper, I could've done some serious damage with just my head exposed.

Edit: The cart furthest away from the incoming team (so on that team's opposite side) seemed to have the best vantage point.

Last edited: