Two new entities that can be used in mapping

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Thanks4TheDiscordBanIibo, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Thanks4TheDiscordBanIibo

Thanks4TheDiscordBanIibo L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    -snip, quitting-

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  2. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    Your FGD doesn't display the attribute correctly. For example, instead of showing "damage penalty" for the attribute, it shows "%s1% damage penalty." This makes it quite hard to tell which one you're using, since many are "No Description" etc.

I also tried to give myself ammo regen with this entity in a test map, and instead it just slays me and leaves a running ragdoll behind. So... something is off. Was hoping this would be the secret to finally getting the "disintegrate" effect working fully.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. radarhead

aa radarhead Level 20 "Mapper"

Positive Ratings:
    Here's hoping Valve is still working on that one. It'll be fun to play around with (new AF gimmicks anyone?).

4. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Frosty Scales

aa Frosty Scales

Positive Ratings:
    I made that FGD. (and the reddit post mentioned by OP) I did it by copying a chart over to excel, and there isn't exactly much I could do with it there without manually going through each entity. Also, regarding the percentage variables, I left those in to clarify what the value would do. I'll see about improving on it eventually though.

6. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    They should just add that as a trigger_hurt damage type. (the cowmangler one, not the hl2 one)

7. Izotope

Positive Ratings:
    ^ I know about this and it's not the cowmangler dissolve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Honestly it really sounds like someone can come up with some wacky combinations using this and it fills me with dread. I can only assume this would organically feel right in a map which either has a feature based around it or one of the random type maps where anything can happen.

9. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    So what you're saying is, there should be a point to the map, or it should be pointless.

10. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Or you can use this just for april fools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Luigi1000

Luigi1000 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I did not say that and don’t make it sound like I did. I’m just saying that maps which have objectives/mods to them are less likely to make use of this than those which don’t like dm, idle, achievement and trade maps.

12. Izotope

Positive Ratings:
    It's not just the color, it's the painful death animation as well.