Trouble with the Valve Developer Wiki

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm guessing nobody actually still moderates the Dev Wiki anymore, so this was the only place I could think of where someone might be able to help. I was editing the $blendmodulatetexture page, and spotted a weird issue with the "bug" tag. For some reason, it's displaying on the second line instead of at the beginning of the block of text. I've been working with CSS for years and I have no idea how that's happening, let alone if it's possible to fix it without admin privileges. You'll notice that it's also not an issue further down on the page. I thought maybe it was a conflict with the <code> or {{as}} tags and tried removing them, but that didn't help.

If this can get resolved, we can turn this into a general-purpose Dev Wiki Help/Maintenance thread I guess.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, but I did want to bring up that there was an attempt made here a while ago to give the developer wiki a good once-over, to correct outdated information and add in new information that is currently missing. I can't seem to find the thread right now, but I wouldn't mind getting that project back on the road at some point.

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, but I did want to bring up that there was an attempt made here a while ago to give the developer wiki a good once-over, to correct outdated information and add in new information that is currently missing. I can't seem to find the thread right now, but I wouldn't mind getting that project back on the road at some point.

I made this thread a while back, and I believe there was a similar thread a little while ago.

Hotel Detective

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 10, 2014
I'm guessing nobody actually still moderates the Dev Wiki anymore, so this was the only place I could think of where someone might be able to help. I was editing the $blendmodulatetexture page, and spotted a weird issue with the "bug" tag. For some reason, it's displaying on the second line instead of at the beginning of the block of text. I've been working with CSS for years and I have no idea how that's happening, let alone if it's possible to fix it without admin privileges. You'll notice that it's also not an issue further down on the page. I thought maybe it was a conflict with the <code> or {{as}} tags and tried removing them, but that didn't help.

If this can get resolved, we can turn this into a general-purpose Dev Wiki Help/Maintenance thread I guess.
Could remove the float:left from the bug styling, it'll put it above it as opposed to below it, this will however also cause it to always put the bug text onto the next line.