Trench

KotH Trench a3

Beenut

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2015
Trench - first map lets do this :U

everything "should" be working. i mean i tested multiple time and fixed all leaks but i have no clue if i missed anything or left something that was not supposed to be there :p

things it has atm = download (1).jpg
-a small 2 story building on each sides with med health and ammo
-a big trench (get it?) in the middle where the control point is set thatt is impossible to climb by foot.
-the trench is kinda surfable so that's a thing
-2 small rooms underground to get out of the control point's hole

what it needs that will come in the futur (set in the order that i feel is important)=
-that annoyingly empty space that is left of spawn
-some sort of cover in front of the wall that covers spawns so that its not such a sniper magnet
-(possibility) making a middle platform over the cp so that there is more hights then just going down to the point
-(possibility but will most probably be done very later in the alpha stage or in the beta) giving texture to the ground so its not so blocky

i am open to all feedback (ps, i cant get better looking pics then the thumbnail as my pc is garbage :/ sorry)

Beenut

Dec 18, 2015
this is a small but kind of important change as its mostly the lights were made insanely brighter (so that you can see something now) and a few useless model outside the map were removed to make it less of a mess. also free screenshots of the new lightings (a few were also edited on the 1rst download's thingy)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Cytosolic

L5: Dapper Member
May 1, 2015
I was walking around your map a bit and noticed some major problems. Firstly, the whole map feels over scaled. Don't worry, most people will do this their first map or two. A great article about Scaling that you should read if you haven't already is found here. Mainly you maps is very open, very large, has too much extreme, sudden height variation and generally a basic, boring, and definitely weak layout. Try to add some more interesting geometry or closed sight lines. Also try to make everything a bit less flat, or a bit more flat around the point. This is my next problem, besides having a tiny capture zone(never a good idea) the point is in a Giant! trench. Meaning that demospam and pretty much any other type of spam is going to fall directly on the point from a huge height advantage.

In general the map has an assortment of issues. If you want too make a good Koth map I would suggest watching these amazing tutorials by UEAK Crash, they cover a lot about the basics of map design and creation.

-Edit Thanks for making it brighter, it defiantly needed it. A question I had is what grid are you using? you should probably use a grid lock of about 16 to 64 at this early of a stage of mapping. It can also make it easier to make changes and avoid leaks in your map.

~Cyto

Beenut

Dec 18, 2015
there was lots of stuff added so lemme just put it in a list :p

-point raised on a platform over the trench
-paths up to the point
-cover on the point
-2 small buildings added around the trench
-slightly modeled ground in front of spawn to allow heavies and such to go up the wall
-full health and ammo kits under the point, deep in the trench. might be changed into large kits if needed
-small ammo and health kits in both trench's side room were removed

ill upload images soonish but no clue...

Read the rest of this update entry...