Train Hazard Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by shadowslasher11, May 22, 2014.

1. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Having issues where the train sound will not work with the ambient_generic with it being on a constant loop, and the train not stopping and that also being on a constant loop.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. Berry

aa Berry spooky scary skeletons

Positive Ratings:
    Firstly can we see your logic set up for the train? I think it only needs one logic_relay if you want it every X seconds, otherwise you can use a logic_case.

Here's the logic_case I had set up for cp_amaranth:

The entire logic case would trigger a random one of these each time it hit the finish of the track (the finish was linked to the start and set to teleport the train there through flags)

cases:

Each case would wait X seconds (x being the number stated), then StartForward the train again after that long.

As for a looping ambient_generic, have you set it not to loop in Flags?

3. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    I forgot I had that downloaded for the contest, but never actually got around to working on it.

Would it be okay if I used the train?

4. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I made a train prefab from the train I used in keikou. The entities are commented as well to let you know how to edit it. You can use it if you can't figure out Amaranth's (mine uses logic_timer)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Can you tell me what I would need to change in order to get a train to go in the opposite direction on another rail without it overlapping other entities?

6. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You should be able to just copy the entire thing, and paste it using "Edit -> Paste Special" and checking the "make entity names unique".

That updates all the inputs and outputs automatically too and you'll be left with train_start1, etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    first camera-facing displacement editing and now this? I know so little!

8. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Aly, you're train doesn't seem to be working, I've tested it in game, and it never went off. Any solutions?

9. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You need to enable train_start for it to start working (it's disabled by default). Once that's enabled you can either trigger it directly, or the timer will trigger it.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah that one was new to me too. I've used paste special, but never knew it could do that.

11. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Slight issue, everything copied just fine, except the doors. No matter what train activates them, both go off for the North and South ones.

12. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Just rename the doors and set the outputs to trigger the new names instead? >_> The path_track that triggers the door is commented to say that it triggers the doors.

13. shadowslasher11

aa shadowslasher11

Positive Ratings:
    Ya, I know. But the input name on the path_track trigger is this: train_door_south_*

And, I don't know what you'd need to do with that...

14. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    the train_door_south_* just means it targets all entities named that. It was never a problem when I only had one train in the map.

Just change it to the train_door_south_3 and duplicate it for train_door_south_4 or something. Look at the names of the doors you want to open and target those...