Train Car facing wrong way..

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Turnip, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    I am learning how to make trains, and followed the tutorial on TF2Maps, I think I did a step wrong as my car will not change direction from its original face outside the map.
    -Edit: Adding screenshots[​IMG]
    Ok well this is dumb, I cant add a file from my PC it has to have a link... Guess no screenshot..

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    Track trains must be facing right when looking at them in the top-down view to have the intended orientation.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    Both of the models were facing right, it was facing left in the 3d view, but it was facing right in the top down view.

4. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Do your path_tracks have their orientation type set to "face direction of motion"?

5. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    Originally yes, but changing both of them to "Face this path_track's angles" didnt affect it and the problem still persisted.

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The 3d view rotates. Saying that something is facing left is meaningless without additional context.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    Yes but it is still facing Right in the top down view. The models and the brush entities.

8. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    You should upload your screenshot to imgur, and upload your VMF somewhere so we can take a look. We can't suggest any more without more information. Tracktrains and paths can be tricky to get working right.