Model Tr0-t1m

VIVA LA NWO

L2: Junior Member
Apr 6, 2010
What ever happened to Selentic?

Banned for two years..

BoyLee said:
Am I the only one who doesn't think there's any need for more train models in TF2?

No one is forcing you to use the train models if you don't want to. :)

grazr said:
Well if there's no room on the front and the back is where the boiler is, surely the side is the next logical place to consider putting it.

If he doesn't fancy that he can always move the cabin back and the boiler forwards.

I asked Selentic about this. He felt it wasn't really worth the effort to move it to the side and he said that there's nothing really saying that the back of the train is a boiler (it could be just the front, like the default TF2 steam one is).

Thanks for responding guys!

VIVA LA NWO

L2: Junior Member
Apr 6, 2010
Here are some of the fixes described in the last post:

test0007.jpg

test0006.jpg

UVs have been revised, the FUR has been removed and replaced with the full name as well.

Oh and for those curious: an animator has been found for the wheels, so they will be animated.

Last edited:

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
quite a nice looking model! but I assume the cab will have more blu/white accenting, as it still looks very bland

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
While nik. said "bland", I have the opposite impression, at least for the already-painted bits.

The paint needs a bit of fading/chipping at some point.

rageboy

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2010
Alright, so Selentic needed help texturing the train so I thought I'd help a brother out and do it for him. I didn't know much about what kind of color scheme to go for or what exactly I should be doing as far as look and style, but after reading your comments I did try my best not to let it be too bland. Anyway, hope you like it! :>
trotim_rageboy.jpg

rageboy

Jul 22, 2010
Looks good, I like the progress.
Thanks, that really means a lot! Here's another picture that does the front face some justice.
trotim_rageboy-front.jpg

I appreciate any constructive criticism and compliments are always welcome!

Another thing I think I should add is that I've only been doing this for a few months, so I'm still a little slow and I'm used to doing texturing for other games which makes it harder to capture the general style of TF2.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
still looks kind of bland. spice it up a little bit. splash some color.

eyefork

L3: Member
Oct 27, 2008
Looks rather mundane. If you really want to go avant-garde you should replace the wheels with feet.

Last edited:

rageboy

Jul 22, 2010
still looks kind of bland. spice it up a little bit. splash some color.

I'll assume you're being sarcastic, because spicing it up is exactly what I was trying to do.

And to eyefork, I wish I could add feet but Selentic is the modeler. I'd wait for Selentic to respond, but I don't think he checks the forums often.

Mar 23, 2010
trotim.jpg

Some skinning. Comments are welcome.

honestly, this is perfect with maybe some more colors at the darker end of the spectrum (or gray or brown) in some places.

combine

Apr 21, 2010
looks great!

combine

Apr 21, 2010
looks awsome!