Toto

KotH Toto A8

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
As much as I personally obsess over this type of balancing in my own maps, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If I'm thinking of the same packs as you, it's a tiny difference and basically a non-issue.
Actually rethinking about the matter, perhaps the best solution would be to center both of the pickups on the center line so they would basically be "balanced".

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
This one's a doozy! Lots of gameplay changes and optimization to make Toto the best it can be, while going back to its unique roots without going into full-on Halloween territory that everyone loved to dislike! Here's what's changed!
  • Introducing the Relic! Upon capturing the point, doors to the tomb will raise and reveal the glowing central artifact! First player to collect the Relic, currently using a placeholder model, will be granted with 10 seconds of critical hits and a speed boost, but will be marked for death! Once the Relic is snagged, the doors to the tomb will begin to close, and anyone left remaining in the tomb will be killed off once the doors are closed, including any buildings left behind. The tomb can be re-opened, and the Relic re-collected each time the point is captured.
  • The mid building opposite of the tomb has been rehauled drastically to provide a vantage point on either side, along with a dropdown, and a new layout to the central area providing access to a full ammo kit and a treacherous path to a new full health kit overlooking a deadly cliff.
  • The vantage point buildings added in Alpha 6 have had their windows opened up and a dropdown is now provided to cut out the dead end aspects, as well as an ambush opportunity on any sniper nests.
  • Fixed collisions surrounding the pillars on the point.
  • Completely sealed off each respective area and utilized areaportals to beef up optimization.
  • Removed collisions on the lamp posts throughout the map.
  • Changed clipping on the cap bridges from playerclip to blockbullets.
  • Lighting changes to improve recognition.
  • Slight alpha detailing.

Read the rest of this update entry...

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
In the recent imp, i really enjoyed mid on this map. The second yard area seemed a bit big (as in, took a bit long to cross) whenever i died, but that problem was pretty small.
I didn't see the thread before i played it in the imp, so you could say that i was a bit confused when i saw someone walk around in the tomb on death cam, and i wasn't to sure how to trigger it. At first i thought i ran into a dead end whenever i got to the door. Might be because i was playing on a lowres pc, but i think making it a bit more obvious that the door will eventually open would be nice.
Aside from that, great job, it's one of the few koth maps i really enjoyed.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Had to take some time off to clear my head, sorry about that! Here's what's changed:

• Relic Changes:
    • The effect of the Relic has been changed to provide 8 seconds of speed boost, mini-crits, a defense buff, and marks the carrier for death. The mini-crits and defense buff is AOE-based and will assist nearby teammates, but only the carrier will be marked for death - making them a clear target to the enemy team. Kill the carrier, kill the effect.
    • The tomb is now open from the start and is no longer attatched to the ownership of the control point.
    • Upon picking up the relic, there are now a flurry of audio and visual cues to get the hell out of there, including but not limited to - a recdeing pedestal, closing doors, shooting flames, raising smoke, and hellish rumbling. Once its too late for someone to slide under the doors, anyone left inside will be set ablaze, and once the doors are completely closed, they will be killed. Buildings included.
    • Upon pickup, the carrier will yell the lines they would upon picking up a rare spellbook - but rest assured, it is not a spellbook. God forbid.
    • 30 seconds after the tomb begins to close, it will open again, and anyone can again claim the relic.
    • Slight detailing around the relic to make it even clearer of a focal point. The HUD at round startup will also make note of it. It is there, and you can take it. Please do, because bots won't go near it.
  • Map Changes:
    • Opened up the windows on the Sniper nest/dropdown area on the tomb side.
    • Made the path to the full health kit over the cliff less treacherous and airblast-prone.
    • Shrunk horizontal alley space between spawn and mid by 200 units on each side.
    • Removed window-height lamps on the cliffside Sniper nests.
    • Made steep stairs by the spawns part of an extended platform instead of just stairs.
    • Fixed a clipping issue on the cliffside.
    • Fixed a few displacement issues at mid and in the alleys.
    • Additional areaportals.
    • Further minor detailing at mid.

Read the rest of this update entry...