The offical 'when's the next contest' thread

Nov 14, 2009
Hopefully there'll be a good amount of downtime between now and the next one. Would definitely like to see more of the maps actually finished after the contest ended instead of just being abandoned and everyone rushing into the next contest, where the cycle starts anew.

You don't call the last month and a half down time?

Remnic

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2009
I seriously hope for a TC contest. Enough said.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
I'm guessing when ep3 comes out. It's gonna be an extravaganza. Duke Nukem Forever, Ep3, L4D12, Portal 6, Whalerace S3 and the next contest all at once.

And Super Scout Bros.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
In other news, the contest won't start until the beginning of August.

I can't tell whether you're joking but I was hoping for an earlier start date. Like, early/mid July. I just want to get right on it as soon as possible. :p

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
What are you talking about? It's on now!

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
the TC contest is a good idea, hardly anybody plays hydro anymore, and if we did a major contest ending with a bunch of great maps with the TC gametype, it would probably put it back into the spotlight.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
the TC contest is a good idea, hardly anybody plays hydro anymore, and if we did a major contest ending with a bunch of great maps with the TC gametype, it would probably put it back into the spotlight.

Lets make it competitive too, comp players just love tc.

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I'm wondering if there should be a big sticky of all the contest ideas that were practically vetoed or otherwise have huge problems, so people can check them out and not post them without looking through pages of failed contest ideas.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Tough. News just in. The contest isn't starting until Koth_Shell is final.

Sorry guys, looks like I cancelled the contest.

FOREVERRRR

EDIT: Or maybe around Christmas or something if you've been nice.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
What about we all stop coming up with ideas and just get the next contest out ASAP (like, now?)

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
What about we all stop coming up with ideas and just get the next contest out ASAP (like, now?)

Give us first some time to first finish the contest maps which were made for this contest so they don't get abandoned as last time. :)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Give us first some time to first finish the contest maps which were made for this contest so they don't get abandoned as last time. :)

They should already BE finished.

Mangy put all of you to shame he had his map finished way before the contest deadline and so many submitted unfinished maps.