The Gun Mettle Update is (Almost) Here!

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Looks like you misinterpreted a few of the changes YM. So I'm going to go off on you about that.

Sorry about this :p

• Initial attack that triggers feign death has its damage reduced by 50%boooooo
This is a nerf. The Dead Ringer used to block 90% of damage from the initial attack. Now it's only 50%.

Baby Face's Blaster
  • Added Boost reduction on taking damage.What does this even mean? is it a nerf? a buff?
  • Increased amount of Boost lost on air jumpThis sounds like a buff, so booooo
How the fuck is that a buff? Did you even read it? Boost is the stuff that makes you go fast. You lose boost if you take damage, and you also lose more of it when you double jump.

• Blackbox
  • Changed +15 health on hit to +20 health on hit per attack OK
  • Changed how health on hit works for radius damage. Is now capped per attack and scales with total damage done relative to base damage.Ok...
  • i.e. doing 45 damage nets +10 health on hit as base damage is 90. Hitting 3 enemies for 45 each for a total of 135 damage only returns +20 health.OK..... Not sure how this will play out in practice.
Basically, instead of getting 15 health per enemy you hit, you have a cap of 20 hp per rocket, and it's based on how much damage you do.

Tide Turner
  • Self damage will no longer decrease charge when chargingBOOOOOOOoooooo
  • Fall damage will no longer decrease charge when chargingHISSSSSSSSSSssssss
  • Amount of charge taken away on damage when charging reduced from 3 to 1 per point of damageGET OUT OF HERE
Why so negative about this? The Tide Turner was trash before. Taking any damage at all stopped you right in your tracks.

The Claidheamh Mòr
  • Changed 25 charge on charge kill to 25 charge on melee kill Straight up nerf
How the hell is that a nerf? Before you had to get a kill with your melee while charging to get charge back. Now you just need to get a melee kill, no charge.

Vaccinator
  • Fixed a bug that gave Vaccinator patients full crit immunity.
  • Vaccinator base resist does not grant any crit resistance.
  • Vaccinator Uber deploys now always take exactly 1 bar of Uber charge.
  • Vaccinator Uber deploys give the patient a 2.5 second bubble of 75% damage resistance of the current resist type and full crit resistance to that type. These bubbles do not disappear if the medic stops targeting the current patient. Multiple bubbles of different types can be applied to the same patient or multiple patients given the same resist uber each consuming 1 charge.
  • Vaccinator uber build now suffers the same penalties as other mediguns when it comes to multiple medics on the same target and max overhealed patients.
  • Decreased the bonus healing a Medic received for properly selecting the right damage resistance type from 25% of incoming damage to 10% of incoming damage
  • Added Penalty of 66% decreased uber build rate while healing a overhealed patient There's a lot of words here, particularly for a weapon I still don't understand. I think this is mostly nerf? I always thought the medics using the bubble thingies were a pain, so this is good
Basically ubers now give patients resists for 2.5 seconds that can be stacked. The bubble means a patient can walk away from the medic with the buff persisting (again, 2.5 seconds.)

SNIPER
Sydney Sleeper
  • Jarate now applies on all scoped shots, duration scales with charge duration (2 to 8 seconds) ??? It didn't before?
No. Before, it always applied 8 seconds of Jarate while at 25% charge or more.

Bazaar Bargain
  • No longer lose heads on miss Whaaat?
  • Collecting a head requires a headshot kill and not just a headshot Snipers can collect heads?
  • Each head boosts charge rate by 25% up to 200% What is going on here?
  • Charge rate penalty changed from -20% to -50%.
  • Now requires 2 headshot kills to be back at base speed and 6 kills for 200% charge rate
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Bazaar_Bargain

Natascha
  • Added 20% damage resistance while spun up Arrrrraaarrhhhhh
  • Stun amount now has distance falloff. Decreases starting at 512hu down to zero stun at 1536Hu Ok that's better.
Brass Beast
  • Added 20% damage resistance while spun up Boooooo already OP this one :(
These weapons were totally useless before. They take a forever to deploy and you're practically immobile using them.

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm not sure Valve quite understands exactly why minisentries are so tough to counter. Engies who plunk one down in the head of battle as a distraction (essentially the whole point of minisentries) have never been nearly as frustrating as the ones who find a perfect spot to build one in KOTH and just roll the other team the entire match. I don't know why that is, but I suspect it's a combination of the doubled knockback and smaller size making it hard to spot and accurately aim at once you're in its visibility range.

Mar 23, 2013
If there is one thing I like to complain about, then it is that contracts only work on valves shity offical servers, which even have sv_pure 1. No community, no mods, no fun. Maybe some pubstomping at least

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Understand you'd be upset. But consider what would happen if contracts were achievable on custom servers. Contract maps would be born! They would be like idle and achievement maps where they exploit the system and suck the fun out of the game. Valve want people to play the game properly in order to achieve these contracts, and they want them to spend the time on Valve servers so it improves the experience for newbies and casual players when experienced players drop in. Players would encourage other players to pick up the Gun Mettle campaign to get their funky weapons, so community map authors get more money.

You only get two contracts a week and they seem pretty easy to achieve for a good player, so you wouldn't have to spend much time on a pub server.

Mann Up mode does pretty much the same thing.