The dog update is "real"

Washipato

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
I cannot help it, but I always think in valve like some odd kind of troll. They like to make everyone go nuts (and don't doubt it, that must be a lot of fun)

It's hard to imagine another animal in TF2. Think about it! The only animals that I know that are present in the game are a cow made of wood and an artificial frog.

tovilovan

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 23, 2008
Really, my only concern about this is the "we don't want to kill animals" thing. A dog robot (wallace and gromit style perhaps?) would be completely awesome as a sentry replacement!

But a real animal and a TENTH class, no way whatsoever.

EDIT: When I think of it - there is no other way. This. Is. It.

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
The dog update is funny but please god this isn't official.

Swordz

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 27, 2009
I already played with the guy who made this. He told me he didn't know that was going to "explode" so fast.

It's fake, i can't believe people think it's real

tovilovan

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 23, 2008
Hmm. I can sense a slight difference between your link and the one of today, Nine, yours is a statement that they like the active and dedicated TF2 community and what they're doing, not that the y like the very ideas of the fake spy update. This time they have (through Saxton Hale) approved of the very ideas in the update. Not that they will be implemented as is, but that they like the main ideas and the way they're presented.

Also, I don't think anybody (at least not here, the average brain capacity of the members on this site compared to the ones on the steampowered forums is probably bigger than you can imagine) believes the update is real. We're just discussing what the post on the TF2 blog could mean. Right?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Hmm. I can sense a slight difference between your link and the one of today, Nine, yours is a statement that they like the active and dedicated TF2 community and what they're doing, not that the y like the very ideas of the fake spy update. This time they have (through Saxton Hale) approved of the very ideas in the update. Not that they will be implemented as is, but that they like the main ideas and the way they're presented.

Also, I don't think anybody (at least not here, the average brain capacity of the members on this site compared to the ones on the steampowered forums is probably bigger than you can imagine) believes the update is real. We're just discussing what the post on the TF2 blog could mean. Right?

They didn't have Saxton Hale a year and a couple months ago. ;)

Either way, all they did was recognize someone who made a fake update. No big deal, no controversy, no tenth class.

KarmaPolice

Jul 25, 2009
16h17oj.jpg

Hope this quells some fears.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I don't see that working... cause the main role of the engy is to stay in HIS base and PROTECT the intel/cap points or payload carts. If they gave him this update it would defeat the purpose of trying to build a defense and team would just get steamrolled all the time. IMO the sentry gun has been getting less useful as all the other class updates have gotten more powerful/unique. If anything they need to up the sentry damage some more and if they DO replace it, replace with with something that will help him defend better. Let's say... Multiple mini turrets instead? Kind of like the laptop gun on 007 where you can place them on the wall or ceiling and stuff? still sappable, not doing nearly as much damage as the sentry gun, maybe about 1/3rd of the damage but you can place 3-4 of them? That sounds more reasonable then a dog... with a turret or whatever else is attached to him.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Psi: Oh no, the proposal is not (as I thought when first reading) an engineer update, it's a proposed playable class, because there are proposed achievements for it.

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
o0o0o, hmm.. I thought that was an update for the engy. Lol like he'd get the dog instead of the sentry gun...

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Wipes brow.

Every time I read one of these threads, I panic, even though I know it was a joke from Valve.. I guess I learned my lesson from Jarate.. It's hard to un learn it.

Wegason

Aug 16, 2009
Is the creator of this GD update the same one behind ctf Aerospace?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Amazingly done, true, but wont be real.

The amount of testing and balancing and redesigning needed, it wont happen anytime soon.

Although, I bet you Valve will put in some kind of easter egg about it.