pl_beeone officially now renamed to

pl_
b1sad.png

Now thats a smiley I can get behind.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Feedback from the 1st stage voting process - sorry if the formatting got messed up.

arena_aerial_72_b2

· SO MANY PYROS HOLY SHIT
· It looks amazing, but I haven't got a chance to play it yet
· No, but it looks pretty. I hope I can get a chance to play it, it looks pretty fun
· Kinda fun at times, but there are too many narrow paths and ledges to play seriously.
· Really love the map and it looks beautiful. Possibly not balanced 100%, and there are a few spots where you can get stuck, but really fun to play.
· "I think with some re sizing of the platforms and clipped planks and can be a map for every class.
· As it is I find it most fun as solider and not as any other class and that kinda think the map should be fun for all classes."
· "OK gameplay. Good gfx. Make this a koth 4v4 map and submit it into UGC."
· It's a great gimmick map.
· "its difficult to survive the edge platforms cause theres nowhere to run to, idk how youd fix that but maybe do like air lifts or worm holes cause its gimmicky anyway. otherwise cool map"
· 2d and 3d skybox need a little work, they're both a bit lacking. Feels maybe a tiny bit cramped in the middle, does tend to turn into all pyro. Perhaps a larger island on each side would be nice.
· While this map is beautiful looking, it was quite cramped, and much of the high ground was only accessible by jump classes, and the deathpit being everywhere made knockback classes overpowered as well.
· joke map
· Fun as a joke map, very pretty but actually kinda crap to play as anything but jumpers and snipers.
· :b1:
· its pretty cool but a bit awkward since theres lots of wierd displacements.
· It's more detail oriented, looks better than it plays
· Heights are fun to play around in, pits make for quick rounds, lower area is fun for classes that can't jump, detailing is unique and interesting. The upward slope of the height makes walking difficult in places.
· Fun idea, too tight.

arena_raincatcher_gully_72_a3
· this map is so fucking huge, snipers and scouts everywhere. It makes soldiers and demos so useless because its so big and rockets and grenades travel too slow. Heavies are also useless. Pyros can barely flank anyone. Sightlines everywhere. So many problems.
· Very very big and wide-open.
· The map was fun, but the massive sight-lines and underwater areas made classes like sniper extremely overpowered. Also, tree demos are extremely dangerous.
· "I like the layout and detail of this map. I did enjoy playing on this map, but mainly as jumping classes, not sure why didn't like it playing the classes.
I didn't get to experience what it was like playing with a full server though."
· "Meh gameplay
Nice gfx
Dark spots, lighting definitely needs work, too open"
· This map wasn't bad, just sometimes a bit annoying to play. It felt pretty overscaled, and the water was an easy hiding place for players wanting to avoid combat, especially snipers.
· Needs a bit of work on the lighting.
· It looks okay, but overall it doesn't play very amazing. It's really open (so snipers find it pretty easy to get loads of hits) and it's not too clear where the health and ammo is.
· more like brainsnatcher because it's stupid #burn
· Could be optimised better, virtually no cover anywhere, long sightlines from map boundary to map boundary.
· Looks nice, but was waaaaaay too open.

cp_72_spool_a2
· Its broken, the spawns are messed up.
· Spawns are broken. Red players spawn at mid.
· Was fun to play, but unfinished and wasn't at a point where I would consider it to be a finalist.
· "I find this map to be too big in space size. loads of open areas with not much to it. The last and mid point doesn't do it for me, the middle has too big of a center piece and find it annoying to fight around and the paths to last is a little uninteresting / long paths.
With some more work it could be a better map.
I think to make a good 5cp, you need to make it in a way that its possible as a demo / solider to rollout to middle quick fast and kinda felt like the paths didn't accommodate this."
· "Meh/OK gameplay
OK gfx
Overscaled, BROKEN (not completely): spawns are backwards for RED"
· The spawns were configured incorrectly on this map so Red were spawning at Mid when the game begins. Can't judge gameplay because of this.
· "mid was scary and hard to find cause it was surrounded by those white dev pipe things
id recommend watching the demos of the map at demos.geit.co.uk"
· While the layout seemed alright, the spawns were bugged, leading to Red team spawning at the middle of the map. Other than this, the layout could have been more dynamic, with more height variation.
· The spawns are broken and it's too much like Granary.
· more like cp_72_drool #burn
· RED spawns at mid on round start.
· If the spawns weren't messed up, it would be much better.

cp_ankh_72_a4
· It's so well done, it honestly seems fake. I don't think this level of detail and such could be done in 72 Hours...
· Its pretty cool, but last is pretty hard to attack for anyone. Awkward balancing.
· Super fun gameplay! I really enjoyed playing this map.
· Last can be a bit too hard to take, and the other points can be a bit too hard to defend, but overall it's fun and uses verticality in an interesting way.
· Looked really nice, would of been helped by the addition of a 3d skybox. Some areas of the map were really dark, making gameplay tedious in those areas.
· "I really enjoy the great use of height in this map. The detail and theme works well and I just enjoy moving around the map as any class really.
The first two points seem to get capped quite fast, not sure why though, but might be some work needed to balance it a bit.
I would like to see this finished, kmp (keep me posted)"
· THIS IS MY MAP. BEST MAP EU
· I really like the wooden ramps that weave through-out the map
· "fun map, cool geo
people coming off b had a really short route to c. if attackers on b were strong chances are you couldnt hold them off c. i guess that might be ok but it meant a majority of the time we did not defend c for more than a minute."
· This map was good. The theme work was pretty solid, and the layout was fun, but it felt very convoluted, and the highground was often awkward to fight on. In addition, the 2nd point didn't really feel like it was supposed to be there, more like a last-minute addition, and it was not an ideal place for a capture point imo.
· Excellent use of the egypt theme, though it does provide some confusion at the indoor transition from first cp to second cp, since in lower light the textures like definition. I really liked that upper wooden route outside on your way from around second cp to last cp, the flow really guides blu to the final point.
· This map is overall one of the OK maps, it's good they got in some detail (whether it's a theme I dislike or not), but the gameplay is also alright. There's a few hinted drop-downs that hurt you and a few annoying engi spots and hints of too much verticality around the middle area-ish but otherwise it's pretty nice.
· "Incredible detailing, well done.
Last needs some work but otherwise I was a big fan of how this map played out."
· more like cp_wank #burn
· This map is cool beans
· Egypt detailing is a nice change, it's fun and has no immediate problems. Architecture does not seem very Egyptian.
· Put some markings around the cap zone on B.

cp_backalley_72
· Single CP is a strange idea, and I don't think it works well at all in this case.
· Red spawns too close to the point, and with a great height advantage, for blu to mount an effective offense.
· "Meh gameplay
Meh gfx
I got a headache from this map. Might be due to the dark lighting and the very confusing layout. I mean, the layout isn't that complex, but the flow seems non-existant, and as you are playing the map for the first time you have no idea what's going on. That's mostly due to the immediate 90 degree turn blu has to make after spawning."
· "i think you had some good design decisions keeping in mind that its a 1cap map, the one-way doors isolated the defenders well in their spawn area and allowed blue to approach easily once they had cleared the rest of the map, but when that happened it did in fact nullify 70% of the map and it felt really open and stuff.
the layout was pretty confusing for a long time playing this, the sideways blue spawn really showed that, i couldnt tell where mid was."
· This map was not great. Although the details on the first area were pretty great, the layout was cramped in some places and too open in all others. In addition, the bottoms of the spawn gates for blu could be shot through before setup was over. Also, the car seen in the screenshot could be walked through.
· This map has a huge area that is basically useless, and the point is too easily defended by a single demoman spamming stickies on it from spawn.
· It seems like you spent all of your time working on a little bit of detailing rather than trying to figure out what to do with the empty rooms in your map. Also, having red spawn right on top of the last point made it impossible for blu to win.
· It's my map
· Layout is confusing due to excessive twists and turns, difficult to attack as there is only one control point and BLU must traverse the entire map to reach it.
· "Not too keen on how wide blue spawn is, the top area only really gets use in the first push in if the lower is spawncamped. WAAAAY too many shutters in the last, frustrating when they don't open for you on red as well.
Alley is lit nicely though."

cp_filtration_72_a3
· Its really strange, the geometry in general just feels so off. Its not that fun to fight on and its just people are flanking you from every single direction and you don't get a chance to see it. Also it feels small.
· "I really enjoy fighting around Point B, I've seen a point whereby you can attack it from above, below and from the sides quite like this before.
But I think what lets this one down is the size seems to be a bit small and with more than 6 players either side, it seems to get crapped.
where the points are for A and C and with the routes available seems unfair. I think I've highlight most of my feedback about that in the map using gf, fb.
I like the use of transitions from mid to the side points.
I would like to see this finished, kmp (keep me posted), I also wonder what a koth version of this using point B would be like"
· "OK gameplay
OK gfx
I like the gameplay, it plays like sort of fusion between 5cp and standin."
· interesting geometry and the matches i played it went pretty fine although the rounds ended pretty fast once one team got a rhythm going
· This map was small, and quite cramped. While the layout wasn't terrible, the spawns were very close together, causing combat to be very close-knit and not much fun.
· Its a nice idea but it doesn't work so well
· Teams spawn too close to B, few routes from spawn to A and C.
· Map feels way too small, not too keen on starting in a ditch either

cp_flashwind_72_a5
· REALLY strange scaling. Near the beginning its cramp but near last its huge. Theres hardly any sentry spots near last as well. It doesn't seem right but it can be fun at times.
· Gameplay isn't the best, but I thought it was really fun.
· "I do like the some of the main ideas around the two points, but all the routes and buildings around it doesn't excite me for some reason.
I think with some more work it could be a nice map.
I especially found the open area towards 2nd point to annoying to fight in as blu, with sentries behind the crate and spam over the top, made the fights to get last point not so fun."
· "Meh/OK gameplay
Meh/OK gfx
Somewhat open, yet too choky. Blu seems to have trouble pushing out from their spawn at times."
· The brick texture was a good idea, but executed horribly
· This map was good. Kind of hard to elaborate, but it was fun to play on both teams.
· The area shown here in the main picture was where most of my issues with this map stemmed from. The fact that red could easily hold the main route and the flank right next to it made entry into last nearly impossible for blu. I never got to play it from red side though. Also, your designs tend to remind me of quake rather than tf2.
· "It's an OK map to play, but it really doesn't feel like finalist material.
It's really open at last, and incredibly flat. As well, there are a very large amount of chokes at the A point and B point (it needs a flank or two around to the points)"
· Cool map, but not a finalist
· It's fun and has no immediate problems.
· First spawn is way too chokey.

cp_hilly_72
· ok/10
· Really fast cap times made it nigh impossible to defend
· Looked like it had potential, but unfortunately was not at the point visually or gameplay-wise that would allow me to be able to nominate it.
· "I don't think this is worthy of being a finalist, but I do love the idea behind what this map is meant to be (sort of like kong king, inbetween inner city). I did enjoy playing on this map, But I think it just needs more work on sizes of areas/ routes.
· I would like to see this finished, kmp (keep me posted)"
· "<I have not played this>
OK/Nice gfx
Somewhat small. Didn't get to play this."
· This map was fun, with good height variance, and good point placements. The only problems I had were the connectors on stage 2 being a bit twisty and confusing to navigate, and the lack of very good sentry spots.
· After point one, blu is funneled down a path angled away from the direction you are supposed to take to get to the next cap point. In general the routing between cp1 and cp2 were confusing or odd.
· more like cp_silly #burn
· Very difficult to defend as there are few places to build sentries, connectors from A to B from both stages are largely corridors.

cp_hollowtop_72_a5
· The balance is so broken on this map, blu needs forward spawns after capping B. C is so last to cap that its not even fun to play.
· Was a really fun and different map, until the fence was clipped and the rock was added. The gameplay was fun with people jumping from spawn, making it very different to any other map. Once A and C were completely seperated, gameplay sort of fell apart.
· "I really enjoyed the map and I like what you are doing with this. I think it needs more work to get it into the finals.
I found it most fun as solider, lots of space at the side and in the 2nd point (which I like btw, kinda has that nucleus feel), But I think the last point and first point could be made more fun (first get capped too easily).
I think blu should have a forward spawn possibly.
I would like to see this finished :D kmp (keep me posted)"
· "Gameplay: OK/Good (two first points), Ass (last point)
GFX: OK/Nice
Looks cool"
· A is alright, but B is pretty weak. The deathpit didn't add very much to gameplay, it was just a nuisance really, and the lower areas of B were almost never utilized by either team. C is a bit annoying to attack, because of the lack of a forward spawn and routes to the point that weren't immediately overcome by Red's highground.
· This map does not play very well. The first point is basically impossible to defend and the last point is too easy to defend.
· Long sightlines at B that can only be countered by other long range attacks due to its circular nature, C is difficult to attack due to effectively having one entrance.

cp_ibex_72
· Stalemate: the map
· turns into a neverending tug-of-war match. Making the middle point reset was a bad idea.
· "I did enjoying playing on this map as solider as there was a lot of space to chain some jumps, but I feel the mode needs a bit of work to balance it, someone mention not to allow the time to get changes so much.
I think the routes are a bit lacking, saw a lot two path options and not enough three path routes."
· "OK gameplay
OK/Nice gfx
Somewhat open around last, the gamemode is a bit eh"
· deliniation between safe ground and deathpit is SUPER unclear outside spawns
· I made dis, it is poop.
· i had a sick burn for this but i forgot it
· Looks better than it plays
· Gamemode win conditions are confusing and HUD is broken, forward spawns are easily camped, death pit is not recognisable as a death pit
· Spawns are way too close to points in this, making the map almost impossible to win.

cp_puxorb_72_a3
· Simple, but fun.
· "I like the layout of the first point and paths leading to it. But the distance between the 1st and 2nd is a bit too short. I think if you had more time this map could be a lot better.
I had a lot of fun with small numbers of players for some reason :D"
· "OK/Good gameplay
Nice gfx
I like it as spy. A is a bit too open, B is a bit plain and boring. Where da health at?"
· trees in the play area are super exploitable by sentries. sentrees
· This map was a lot of fun, for both attackers and defenders. It had a nearly perfect balance of closed and open spaces, and high ground and low ground. The only gripe I have is that B was a bit hard to defend.
· The map looks nice and clean and plays well. One of my favorites.
· B is too close to A, water is not fun to fight in or around much less water that damages you.
· Sightlines are way too long, but I like where it's going.

cp_respawn_b4_72
· Everything water = death. Hardly any indications around them too. Also strange geometry and it feels way too blocky with lack of displacements and just giant walls everywhere.
· Spawn corridors are imposing and confusing, even if their layout is simple. The terrain around C is cramped and uncomfortable to navigate.
· Was fun to play. Could go with some more edits, but deserves to be a finalist.
· "I like idea behind this map (layout+theme), but dislike the hazards, they weren't fun to fight around and would cause the lost of the encounters too much. Even with signs I still got a bit lost at times, maybe due to not being a big building or some structure to shout at me "Last Point is here".
I think the shape of the last point seems to give too much advantage to blu once the sentries were removed (just didn't have that much fun fighting around C)."
· "Meh gameplay
OK gfx
Tight, boring hallways, waterslide: +1"
· B was a bit weird, with all of Blu's exits being immediately next to a deathpit, and while the flowing water mechanic was unique, it was just annoying. A was okay, but it was sometimes awkward to get on the point as a non-jump class, and it had water not on a flat surface, which tends to break some things. C was not very good. It was claustrophobic, with the closed and somewhat low ceiling, and the deathwater was frustrating.
· The divergence of players doesn't work very well because of the narrow corridors.
· Map felt very open and oversized with very little direction or flow.
· more like cp_minispawn #tenuousburn
· Too many routes to points gets confusing, C is easily locked down by a Pyro and is pretty cramped with little room for sentries.
· Huge improvements throughout the 72 hours, but in the end a lot of it there were too many tight corridors and spaces that weren't fun to play in.

cp_trench_72_a15
· Some sightlines but otherwise its ok
· It was really confusing (sorry if this is vague)
· Way too much health and ammo, and the area between 1st and 2nd was still way to mazelike. Sorry.
· I don't think this should be in the finals, But I did really enjoy fighting/jumping around this map as solider. I think the over use of the health packs made it fun, but not for Defenders.
· "OK gameplay
OK/Good gfx
RED can get into blu spawn, a bit overscaled between A and B."
· This map is hooooge.
· really good work on this, detail looks good and the indoor cliffs - while unusually open - looked pretty decent
· Fun map, through and through. Although the span of land between Blu spawn and A could be more interesting, it was a pretty solid map.
· Although it looks nice, the last point is very stalematey and the map is a bit too big in my opinion.
· It feels like an over sized version of dustbowl stage 1. It's interesting, but entirely dominated by snipers and soldiers, with little opportunity provided to any other class. The transition between cp1 and cp2 is especially painful because how large and odd the paths are. This area tends to separate blu, combined with walking times, makes last an odd affair of blu players trickling in.
· While it was sorta fun, there's a lot of things I think weren't too good. Firstly, the points are sorta chokey (particularly last) where there's a lack of flanks. When RED are able to hold first, there's too little space between the two points so it ends up a spawncamp. Didn't see BLU win once where it wasn't a total roll with major skill difference.
· "Giant LoS everywhere.
First part of the map needs to be shortened, it's too hard to attack right now. "
· I lied, i just havent played the most recent version muhahahahaha
· Whole map is full of massive sightlines and huge open spaces, RED can enter BLU's forward spawn.
· Push A closer to Blu's spawn and rework the area with the turbines into another cap and it would probably flow a lot better.

cp_tum2k15_72_a3
· No advancing spawns for blu, last is right next to red spawn, no flanks into last, this map has problems.
· Navigating from point to point is confusing, and there's quite a bit of open space between the points with not much cover,
· "OK gameplay
OK gfx
· was gonna complain that it's too open, but the height variation and cover makes it acceptable. Zig-zag pattern is too confusing for new players. Last point is not-so-fun to attack"
· This map is also huge.
· It felt pretty clusterfuck-y to play on this map. This could be due to the layout primarily being a box with stuff in it. It's usually better to adhere to a formula of spawns, yards, and connectors. Spawns are obvious, yards are the primary spaces for fighting, which are usually more open, and connectors are the hallways or paths between yards, usually more closed in. Despite this, it was still moderately fun, I would continue working on this.
· more like cp_bum #burn
· Only one way into C which borders a big deathpit and faces two areas of high ground which are popular sentry positions.
· Still lacks flow, all the entrances to C are very close together, makes pushing into it hard.

cp_twotower_72_a4
· BERRY YOU SHOULD HAVE KEPT THIS KOTH
· Was really fun to play. Was a bit dark in some areas personally, but still looked and played really well.
· "I don't think this should be in the finals. I think there needs to be a bit more balancing around the last point and the joining paths between the points.
I didn't really like the limited sections on the first point, But I don't think it caused any balancing problems.
The detail done to the buildings is lovely and think you have a eye on what red's bases should look like.
I do however wonder what a koth version would be like for point 1"
· "OK/Good gameplay
Nice gfx
It was alright as koth but definitely better as a/d. Didn't get to play it that much"
· I can't quite remember what I disliked about this map but I definitely recall having fun on it.
· Not a bad map. Although cap times were a kind of odd, and it was a bit small, it was fun.
· Own map
· It's rad, but not finalist rad
· It's fun and has few immediate problems, detailing could be nice if it was expanded upon. Layout is rather linear.

ctf_anchor_72_a6_001
· Way too chaotic at so many times, its always you're at someones last rather than being focused on the middle.
· "I not much of a ctf fan, but I did like this map. I enjoyed fight around the mid of the map and in the sections separating the mid either side. I like main layout of this map.
I would like to see this finished, kmp (keep me posted)"
· "OK/Good gameplay
OK/Nice gfx
VERY hard to push sentries, as the respawns and the walks to the enemy base are long"
· Although the cap zones were a bit cramped, and it could be bigger, this map wasn't bad at all.
· This map is very fun to play on
· I actually enjoyed this map quite a bit. I remember the last area being a bit hard to push into with the flag, but it was certainly a fun, nicely made map that flows properly, has health in more or less the right spots and not too open/closed.
· Inspired my own map, and fun to play on
· Health regeneration while holding the bomb is too much which makes it too easy to push in and cap.

ctf_aquifer_72_a2
· fun gameplay
· "I really enjoyed playing on this map, but didn't get to see what it would be like with a big team as I played on this when there was less than 6 either side. I like the layout of the map, especially the middle area.
· "
· "Meh/OK gameplay
· OK gfx
· I like the mid, Broken resupply for blu, a bit confusing, some indoor areas are too small. Blu can open red spawn doors
· "
· hello me
· The intel here was really easily defended, and the building on mid could be very powerful with a soldier or demo, not to mention a sentry. Also, there were some bugs with the doors, including any team being able to open some of the spawn doors, and there was a bit of an overabundance of health on the map.
· Your structural design feels like something out of DOD.
· more like ctf_smackifer no that doesn't work maybe
· Mid is very flat and open, spawns are in strange locations.
· Getting there, but there is like twice the health there needs to be and all the routes can be watched from the mid building

ctf_caves_72_a2
· My own map, I am not afraid to say that it is fucking shit, absolute fucking shit.
· Its actually kinda cool, but fix your sightlines and awkward geometry for god's sake
· This map was extremely open and quite boxy, with sightlines longer than a meter rule. This map would benefit from a bit of simplification near spawn, and making mid a bit. Different. Big changes need to be made before I think personally that this could be a fun map. If I were you, I would redo middle.
· "Meh gameplay
Meh gfx
Very blocky layout, bit confusing, flat, little to no pickups, not much to say"
· Bridge-Mid formula for ctf is almost never very much fun imo. Adding to this, the only way off the bridge is down, causing fall damage, which discourages people from taking that path. Also, intel rooms were the same all around, causing them to be almost mazelike.
· The teams bases are a convoluted mess, and mid is entirely boring/linear. The addition of all the doors within the bases also slows down gameplay. "Architecture is the thoughtful making of space." - Louis Khan.. A quote from a guy, but it also applies to level design. Be mindful of the gameplay you are trying to create. Rather than trying to fill a box with random elements, try to put your elements together and then put the boxes around them. Also, entirely square features aren't interesting, try adding some other shapes or angles.
· I don't really have a lot to say other than the map basically got down to both teams as snipers at the bridge. Very open middle area, confusing design of the back area and not really any covered routes around the centre.
· more like ctf_knaves #medievalburn
· Mid is exceptionally open and flat, map does not have any pickups whatsoever, flag is difficult to capture as there is only one entrance and exit.
· Center room's a bit too large.

ctf_rubbish_72_a1
· Note to self:try blocking airspace in alley by flag to minimise jumping. Also, brighten.
· I did enjoy playing on this map, the size and not having a obvious straight path, made it a faster pace game. But I don't think its a map I would like to play too long though, I guess the middle structure was fun as jumping classes, but was annoying as any other class because the height of the it.
· "OK gameplay
Meh gfx
This map is minisentry heaven. I like the mid though. Overall the map is a bit plain (but given the amount of time you spent of this it's fairly good ;) )"
· very good job!
· Although a bit small, and people rarely used the inside routes, this map was pretty fun for attackers and defenders.
· more like ctf_rubbish wait shit hold on
· Few routes to the intelligence makes it easy to turtle and prone to stalemates, the height around mid is too extreme and isn't very fun to play in.

ctf_ynders_72_a6
· Cramped and kinda boring....
· its ok/10
· Pretty fun and interesting, with good verticality.
· Loved the theme and gamemode, and it was really fun to play. Surprisingly balanced, and not too complicated, but perhaps some distinction in theme would help as you move out of alpha.
· "I found this map and gamemode really fun, especially for solider. Great use of height and I like the fact that this map is slightly on a diagonal route instead of being straight ahead refreshing.
Saying all that, I do think small parts of the map needs not to be diagonal to make it easier for other classes."
· "OK/Good gameplay
OK/Good gfx
Messy mess of props and stuff. I really like it though"
· im still not sold on the aesthetic ... but the map plays fine enough
· Not sure if I'm allowed to vote for my own map, but if I am, whee!
· This map is confusing, cluttered and doesn't fit the style of TF2 very well.
· It seems as if you tried too hard to make the theme cohesive, and didn't use your time on making the gameplay solid. Also, some of your routes seem overly complex, sometimes you just need to deliver a player from one place to another without all sorts of trickery.
· Very fun map. Everything seemed pretty nice except the bug that made there several different bombs at once.
· "it's going down
i'm yelling ynders"
· Long walk times to reach the enemy's side of the map, difficult to defend as it's easier to get Scouts in than get them back out.

gd_ate_72hr_b2
· Layout of points leads to people simply running and killing in all directions, rather than focusing on defending or attacking a particular section of territory.
· I felt that the layout was a bit too complicated to be fun. Way too many levels.
· I love the detailing in this map and I think the concept is achievable, But I think this wasn't executed very well, what I mean by that is it was abit cramped, the layout of the points on the hud didn't seem to correspond with the layout of the map, there seems to be some fps/optimization problems and why is there a cart at the end to finish and not see that cart at all until then :(.
· "OK gameplay
· Nice gfx
· Only one spawn exit for blu, <30 fps, needs signage, clipping issues, dislike the stupid mini doors. People keep having problems finding their way around the map, seems just like a big tdm at the end."
· This has the most confusing layout and gamemode I have ever played.
· I was pretty confused when i played this map to be honest, it took me a while to find the areas because they had no landmarks suggesting where theyd be, even though the layout was overall simple.
· No idea what gd means, the map is a total maze. All the props are prop_dynamic which is crraaaazzzyyy bad. If it's a prop that doesn't ever move, make it prop_static
· The "GD" prefix is misleading, as the gamemode is essentially just a/d, with a koth point at the end(which could easily be remove anyways). The layout didn't feel cohesive, more like just a jumble of buildings with points scattered around, often very near to Red spawns. In addition, the overflow error that many players received on this map was supposedly caused by every single prop being prop_dynamic. If the prop doesn't move or change skins, leave it as prop_static.
· "To me it seems like you made a box and filled it with buildings and control points. If you really want to make this work you have to flesh out the idea more, and the give the players better information. What I mean is that the players are given inconsistent spawn locations, and the control points area are not easy to find or recognize. There is no distinctive architecture or paths that lead you specifically to the control point.
Also, the whole train cart thing is completely random. I never actually saw the cart, just heard people mention it and then boom, the game was over. If you are trying to provide cool story elements to the player, you've got advertise them or make them more apparent.
I did like your detailing and atmosphere though."
· more like gd_ammit #burn
· confusing
· Optimisation is exceptionally poor, locating objectives is difficult due to a confusing layout with a lack of signage and the concealment of the control points.

koth_breakout_72_a4
· Oh my goodness, the sightlines. This map is oversized to the 8th. Making the map a lot smaller, and putting more variation in the areas around mid and the walls would benefit the map greatly.
· It reminds me of orange maps too much. I understand this might be your first map, so please don't be too discouraged. I do like the detail/structure of the middle point though and I think this idea of prison could work, but only if you break away from the big box shape.
· "BAD gameplay :(
OK gfx
WAAAY too open, rtv'd fast"
· the map scale was really quite large. a good thing to know about tf2 level design is that flat generally means boring. I can see a lot of the area is displacement already so at least making some good hills and bumps in the area would have been okay. but then the side walkways all around the map kinda defeated the purpose of even going for the center since it was easier to kill opponents than to survive mid.
· Although somewhat interesting, this map was essentially just a box with stuff in it. It was also flat, except for the walls around the border, which were awkwardly high to fight from.
· Map is exceptionally open and dark which greatly overpowers sniping and makes the point very unsafe to stand on, few health pickups of serviceable size, point can be attacked from too many directions.

koth_centrifuge_72_a4a
· Sightlines, ugh. Really chaotic as well and prop spam
· "I had fun on this map, the walls around the point was fun to jump off and attack. I think you got the right amount of health / to cover ratio nicely. It was however, a little bit low in height prior to getting to middle point, But I m guessing that was your intention.
Another think I like about this map is the fact I love finding crouch jump shortcuts/ areas/ blocks, why I like this in your map is give me as a non jumping class the ability to get a small height advantage quickly as say heavy or medic (for dodging)."
· "Good gameplay
Good gfx
Very fun to fight in! A bit chaotic, but might suit a 6v6"
· It's fun but the theme seems a bit thrown together with little cohesion or an overall style.
· the central room is a little boxy, it feels like someone said "add some props for cover" and you did especially as there's a train car immediately between two concrete pillars. But it's all fun to play on and certainly has potential
· This map was somewhat fun to play on, but the biggest downsides are the ability of snipers to harass anyone on the middle, which is essentially the only area combat really occurred on. The middle area could also due with less propspam and more brush geometry.
· The map is
· "more like koth_centreishuge #burn
but really it's massive"
· Mid contains too many props and things to get stuck on and makes the play space very cramped, large sightline through the middle of the map.
· Mental sightlines really detract from the map.

koth_clock_town_72_a4
· <3 zelda
· More sightlines, really blocky geometry. Not that fun and strange balancing.
· Map personally didnt click with me. I dont know if it was just because there was too little variation in the gameplay, or the difficulty in actually holding the point that made this map not that fun to play.
· I think the mapper knows the main reason for not getting to the finals
· "Meh gameplay
Meh gfx
Flat layout, overscaled/too open. The wall textures are just really bland, even dev textures would look better IMO."
· it would be cool if the clock had more gameplay changing effects cause it was a bit of a letdown. you can maybe have like the lights change with colour correction, and light_spot come on near darker areas or something, could be neato maybe
· While an interesting idea, and a worthy homage, the gameplay on this map wasn't very balanced, giving blu a significant advantage, it seemed. There could have been more height variance, too.
· The map is kinda dull and the zelda mechanic doesn't add very much to it.
· more like cocktown #burn
· Large sightlines across whole map, detailing is not TF2 themed, spawns only have one exit.

koth_mannieval_72_a5?
· pretty cool, I don't have much criticisms about this
· Buildings are a bit flat, but that's expected from a map with a time limit.
· "I really enjoyed playing on this map, I like the theme and I think it works fine. But it does have the properties as nucleus, what I mean by this is, the routes around the point kinda draw you away, this is fun for a little why, but makes people less inclined to cap or stay on the cap area.
Would be nice to see a extend and slim lined 5cp of this map'theme."
· I haven't played the final version, but it was alright in a2(?) and it looks very nice. Bit overscaled
· very solid layout
· "i felt like the height that we could get on the side of the map was kinda useless to holding the point
fighting on the point was kinda not fun, it was rather open and boring and not very intricate which meant that combat started to feel stale quickly
it would be cool though to see the map with the mannpower mode - grapple hooks on this map = probably cool!"
· Very flat, very huge, funnels players away from the point.
· While the map was somewhat fun, me and many other people entirely missed out on half of the map(and some of the only useful highground in the map) because it was so far away from the point. I would suggest moving the point more to the middle of the map, and adding more battlements to fight on.
· I definitely sorta enjoyed the layout. Some of the middle area seemed a bit big and hard to get around once the enemy had the point but otherwise it was alright. It's fun, but I don't think it's finalist material.
· Really like the way you're going with this. Please continue to work on it.
· more like girlyeval #burn
· This map is coolio
· Control point is very flat and open, doesn't use medieval mode.

koth_nadir_a1
· "It was kinda fun for short periods of time, mainly because of the deathtrap that is your middle point. The routes and area around spawn doesn't feel right to me, not sure what it is. I think with some more time and work it could be more fun to play than just a few mins."
· "OK gameplay
Meh gfx
I like the height variation. The point is so low that's hard to cap. Fun (when winning)
I really had a hard time choosing my vote for this (as it was good fun to play on)"
· Good fun, I like the little crawlspace above the point. The point is way too dark though, it's hard to tell what team players are on when they're capping.
· This map was really fun. The idea of having the cap zone extend to the small girder above it was clever and fun to play with. The biggest faults with this map in my opinion is how sparse the part with the dirt texture was. It could use some props, or even better, some brushwork for cover and interesting geometry.
· Interesting attempt a point design, but it kind of limits the gameplay to certain classes. Also, the approach to the hill has so limited cover that sentries can easily dominate the area.
· i knew a girl called nadir once
· Control point is very cramped and dark which makes for confusing combat.

koth_norfolk_72_a4
· Tiny map with only a million problems....
· prop spam, way too narrow, not that fun to play in many cases
· the cap point is too heavily blocked
· "BAD gameplay :(
Meh gfx
Map is too straight, uninteresting gameplay"
· This map was really odd to play on. The spawns were kind of maze-like, and the side exits from spawn are almost useless. Also, having the point up on walkways like it is is not much fun to play on, as you can easily be knocked off, with a long walk back up to the top. There is also no vis separation from spawn to spawn(props don't count, because they don't cut visleaves).
· I didn't see anyone really use the whole side route area. Interesting point idea, but the whole map seems really limited, you literally walk straight from spawn to the point and nothing else needs to happen. Also, it is really easy to camp spawns.
· I feel as though Norfolk ended up not using the feedback given on the map properly. The main issue with the map is how the important area (aka the cp, and the main route in) is a thin, elevated pathway over an area where you can be spammed to death if you fall in. Felt easy to be spawncamped too with there being one main door, and the way the spawn room is designed I didn't notice the second exit until a long way in.
· more like koth_morejoke because it's a joke #burn
· I have played it, but its my own map
· Easy to camp spawns, point is very cramped, detailing is sporadic and spams props, layout is very linear.

mtk_bandwagon_72_a3
· Interesting new gamemode, but it doesn't work very well since you can't one team. Really chaotic in many cases.
· Really fun, hiding in the waterfall was really fun
· Layout is too simple and doesn't offer many options for all classes.
· I found that in some areas of this map, especially height, it was oversized, and some areas were undersized. I do love the L shaped map however. The flank path needs to be more prominent and wider to make sure that everyone knows that it is an option.
· "Meh gameplay
Meh gfx
Dark, not much to say. Gamemode is better than arena. Boring layout"
· This map was small, and the gamemode could have easily been described as arena. The highground wasn't of much use apart from turtling, because of the huge fences in the way. In addition, the hallways were quite cramped, and the water wasn't of much use, because it's not deep enough to put out fire.
· Firstly, I don't understand the 'mtk' thing. It is just arena with a timer. Secondly, the layout is sort of okay, but I feel as though because it basically is arena, it should've been designed as an arena map (with a variety of routes leading a variety of ways) rather than just being a bit of a choke like a flank-less koth map.
· I like the idea of a timer in arena. I'm not a big fan of arena because of the waiting but this is a good way to fix that.
· I have played it, but its my own map
· Map is boring as there's no interesting geometry, gamemode prefix is pointlessly confusing when the gamemode is essentially Arena.
· NOBUILD IS BAD.
· You can win as red by just sitting in the corner of the map withs a C&D :<

pd_egan_72_a5
· Very enjoyable, with some pretty cool design choices....
· I got to play as a giant and nobody could kill me goty/10
· really confusing, bosses were so OP
· I had fun playing this map. I can see great potential in the map, and with a few bugs fixed up, this map I could already see being played on other servers, with it being an extremely fun map.
· Every time I come here I have so much fun and kinda feels the TDM feel that I miss from other fps games. I know people DM on normal maps (there is a few out there), But with the added system of points gain from kills and kill streaks leading to mini Boss was really fun. I think this game mode could be expended on with other maps and this one is simple and easy to get into and hard to get good at :D.
· "Meh gameplay
OK/Nice gfx
Oh god that Dolan voice, too open, layout doesn't seem to fit gamemode, scouts are over-OP, big boss sucks ass (you are a slower bigger target with little to no compensation, unless you are a heavy), long rounds. Was ass when played with a half-full server, much more fun with a full server!"
· "best map probably maybe hopefully
idk
i liked it and of course there's room for improvement its just a 72 hour map, and it was a really fun experiment. fun being the keyword. it might not have been expertly balanced but it was something that you wanted to go back and play again which is not something you can say for very many maps..!!!"
· Egan strikes again! Although the map could be better, with more routes through the middle, and maybe a bit more health, the gamemode was absolutely stunning, and the mechanics were a lot of fun.
· TDM in TF2 doesn't work very well, and the boss system is broken and unfun.
· "To start, I don't really enjoy the gamemode because to me it's just sugar coated dm. It's a great feat of entity work, but I feel like in this case the gamemode causes the map to become lackluster. I haven't played your MvA entry so I don't have a great comparison, but I feel like the accommodations you made for the giant bosses caused the map design itself to become less interesting. In the end you've designed a single path from one base to the other for the boss to walk. The rest of the paths feel tacked on, and imo don't really create interesting fighting arenas or gameplay. When killing is the gamemode, I feel like you need to offer more interesting architecture for the players to move around in rather than the relatively flat empty paths you currently have.
Also, from experience it feels like whoever gets to mid first has an easier time winning the game because of the height advantage and the proximity of the health. Maybe putting the health toward the entrances to mid would provide better risk/reward: either health or height."
· Very fun map overall, mostly because of the gamemode. I don't feel like the layout does the improved version of PD very good. Mini-bosses were a very good addition, but I felt like once you got to a boss you were really easy to kill and it wasn't worth reaching. This wouldn't have been too big of a deal if the mode wasn't basically TDM. I feel like it could also use another route around the centre as that ended up as a bit of a "choke each other until one team dies or jumps down the pit".
· "Absolute favorite map/game mode of the contest.
I had so much fun on this map, the layout suited the game mode very well. Originally thought the small tunnels weren't very TF2 like but they added great flank encounters with people desperately racing through them trying to keep their kill streaks. So despite my first glance opinion, don't change a thing with those tunnels, they were a blast.
My only suggestion would be to do something to explain the cage thing at each spawn. A lot of people were confused about that. "
· Acquiring a large enough killstreak is too difficult, rounds take too long, effectively has one path to each team's side, caves are exceptionally cramped and are effectively a series of corridors.

pl_7244896_72_a4
· TMP is a nerd
· Solid, fun-to-play map, although some spawns are a bit camp-able.
· "Good gameplay
Meh/OK gfx
Flat + open sightline help snipers to spawncamp blu, good lighting, bad clipping killed me. I really like that area around second and third"
· This map was fun. Although it could due without some of the chokiness, and the pit at last is a bit annoying to maneuver around, the map was fun in general, and pretty balanced.
· This map is stalematey chokepoint after stalematey chokepoint. There's also too many ways to flank that no one actually takes the main route.
· wasn't that the guy from les miserables
· Cart travels through many long and straight paths on an incline which makes them easy to spam as RED.
· Too chokey for me, the majority of the flank routes felt small and cluttered.

pl_beeone_72_a1
· Can't defend: the map
· fun gameplay, last is a bit open (but you've been told that before)
· Some awkward clipping issues, plus blu can see through some walls from the right position.
· I think this map has its problems, But despite that it was fun to play on. I just don't think its final material.
· "OK gameplay
OK gfx
It feels a bit too open, third point rolled (always)"
· The overall flow is fine but the final areas after the second(?) seem far too wide and open making it difficult to defend.
· pretty cool map
· This map was good, and pretty fun, but 3rd and last were a bit hard to defend. The main thing I have with this map, which is kind of weird, is that it was fun, and pretty balanced, but it didn't really feel special, if that makes sense. I feel like I've played it before.
· I really enjoyed the geometry you created, however the buildings were so far apart and the path of the cart was relatively flat and open. It felt like the buildings didn't provide and advantage for or against the cart, and was a little boring to drag along the path.
· more like pl_beejay #burn
· Fun, except for the fact you murder theodore tugboat
· Map felt very empty and indistinct making the map boring.

pl_danny72hr_a3
· my god the checkpoints are all within a few meters of each other and its so small
· "Meh gameplay
OK gfx
BROKEN!: Overtime doesn't end!!! Rolling rolling rolling (huge roll to the end). The start is a spamfest and it sucks for blu"
· This map was cramped, and Blu was vastly outflanked by Red. While trying to push 2nd, Blu was constantly attacked from behind by Red, because there's a route that leads behind Blu with little difficulty. First was also very hard for Blu to push, because all the spawn exits led into the same area, and there were no flanks at all from spawn.
· hurrr durrr you somehow broke this shit after your last play test and before uploading. GG
· Map is much too short, RED spawn too close to BLU at round start which makes it easy to camp.
· The layout is starting to get there. It's waaaay too easy to get behind the opposing team during the early parts of the map, and there are way too many spawn locations for red (most of which are too close to the cart.

pl_forestworks_72_a0
· Some buildings are completely unlit.
· "UNPLAYABLE
So much darkness -> into to the trash it goes. Should've been DQ'd, IMHO"
· Basically all interiors are entirely unlit, red stuck in spawn straight off the map, sadly, it's totally unplayable, so no feedback
· This map was really weird. A large amount of the shadows were bugged, and the doors were touchy, because they were OnStartTouch instead of OnStartTouchAll. This lead to many Red people being stuck in their first forward spawn. It is also likely that this map has a leak or other problem, because the water was invisible.
· the lighting was broken
· Large open spaces with massive sightlines, interior spaces have no lighting and are impossible to navigate.

pl_gracehill_72_a2
· Amazing fucking map, had a lot of fun playing it....
· I'm thinking this could have been better but I'm okay with it
· it was fun to play
· Somewhat fun, especially in the open areas near the start, but the lack of forward respawns is crippling for both teams. Last is also generally tedious to attack.
· "I think this pl map works really well. Simple and fun to play on. I did leave some !fb around certain sections I liked the most.
I would love to see the finished result of this map with its detailing and needed changes. KMP"
· "OK/Good gameplay
OK gfx
I like the clean look of this map. Last is ass though; VERY hard to push it to the end"
· Very fun map, with a cool finale(even if it was ripped from a different map). Balanced and fun for both attackers and defenders.
· Fun layout, not many comments to make other than the last point looking rushed and not really feeling very finale-y, as well as having a very annoying red spawn spot.
· Cool beans map
· Map has interesting and fun height variation, it's fun and has no immediate problems.
· Defo has potential, major flaws stopping me from voting yes for it such as the first point in general, especially how easy it is to spam into the blue spawn. Hope you carry on mapping this though

pl_longway_72_a4
· Kinda boring, and very much gray.....
· Even as a dev, the map was fun to play. Leaving detail aside, the map deserves to be put up for a finalist, with the gameplay varying and fun.
· Its looks enclosed and with only having two textures, it becomes a bit of maze.
· I love the idea that it's one route there then another route back. Needs some visual distinction so it's more obvious. The track for the current stage also needs highlighting somehow so it's not super confusing when trying to follow the track.
· It was an interesting idea, but I don't think the map does it justice. It a number of broken visualizers(I assume that's what was broken) and some balance issues. In addition, the majority of props were just crates in random locations, not lending much gameplay value. Also, the same gray texture everywhere hurt the ability to distinguish where you are, and while I understand they needed to be team-neutral, there still could have been some white and light gray textures.
· Interesting design, but the execution was lacking. Maybe didn't have time to put it together?
· Was OK to play, but doesn't feel like finalist material to me. Not really many comments, just doesn't really stand out, . I like how it re-used the first area.
· Very confusing, too many flank routes. People were always behind each other and had no idea.
· Very easy to get lost as everything uses the same texture, very little height variation makes the map boring.
· Interesting concept, but it's very confusing to get anywhere.

pl_tanker_72_a5
· too many flanks, blu got behind me as red way too many times. Last is a bit weird to defend, too
· Extremely fun to play, with gameplay balanced. I love the theme, and the routes are nice to see. It is a shame you spent so long with the spawn though, as the map could of used that time in other areas. Anyways, a yes from me.
· "I had a lot of fun on this map, But I think what is letting it down from being in the finals is that the last doesn't quite feel right, I think with some more work this could be a great map.
I would like to see it finished :D KMP"
· "Good gameplay first half, OK/Meh second half
OK gfx
Not much to say, too open IMO"
· This map was balanced and fun, albeit a bit too long imo, and Blu usually had an easy time pushing up until the finale after first or second point.
· Fun map to play. Last point wasn't too great (could've been less chokey), but still a very fun map to play.
· more like pl_dankherb #burn #420
· tanker needs to move
· Long sightlines allow Snipers to dominate, one way door is abusable by RED.

plr_bien_72_b1
· Fun design with pretty visuals.....
· hightower part 2
· Darn it Bakscratch, another great, fun, well balanced map. Fuck you and your great skills.
· Apart from some player clipping and maybe some alterations in the middle to make it less death matchy (being attacked from above is crazy in there). I think this is a really well made and detailed plr map. I could see this being played on pubs quite well.
· "Good gameplay
GREAT gfx! :)
Stalematey, Love the final cap idea with the train+cart collision (stolen from pl_cactuscanyon, but still, I love it), loled at the train overlay. I liked to play on this map, and given it's plr_, that's a good achievement"
· bakscratch 2 pro 5 me
· While I personally didn't like the map, I really don't know why, and most other people seem to have loved it. It also had awesome detailing, although it often stalemated at the finale.
· It looks nice and is fun to play on.
· Very good map. The one thing I think really let it down though was the finale which I felt completely ruined the map. It took a decent amount of time to reach the last area, but capping was near impossible which took out all of the fun.
· more like plr_bin #burn
· probably my favorite plr map ever
· Map as a whole is very cramped and compacted, middle building is even more so and takes up about half of the map.
· Reworking the center building to delay combat for just a little longer would reduce rage by up to 20%.

plr_bladex64_72
· unique design, but that tower oh god remove that because of the snipers please
· cool concept
· Carts break in several places.
· I leaved the theme and idea of the map, but the gameplay really didnt appeal to me. A bit too open with too many sightlines for my opinion. Also, a new ship underwater???
· I love the amount of space and interesting layout as a soilder or demo, Its fun to be able to get loads of height and flick off the walls. I think there was too many problems around the payload that needs resolving. I would like to see what you do with the detailing of this map, If you finish it after the contest. KMP
· Looks like sniper heaven. Didn't get to play it though
· "really cool theme for a map, i know youd been wanting to do something with that for a while, and the ship in the back holy cow its a nice idea!!
but i didnt really have fun on this map, nothing was compelling me to leave my spawn. something like a large hill to push my cart up with my team might do it. i kinda dont like plr in general though!"
· I like the idea and theming, but the map isn't really much fun for me. It feels too open, and a lot of the routes rely on careful jumping, giving the bazillion snipers ample time to shoot me. Pity the entities are so bugged too.
· While this map was pretty fun, it had some pretty bad sightline issues, and the door at the center of the X glitched sometimes, and restricted a cart from going through.
· Neat. Red cart got stuck at the cross when I played it. Also, sniper and soldier are favored, but you probably wanted it that way.
· "more like plr_bladesux #burn
was that rude? i'm sorry"
· Cart got stuck at a certain point on the track, very large and open making it easy to be killed from long ranges or from above.

plr_hothouse_72
· Boring map with a lack of thought....
· sightlines and only death because of the glass house: the map
· "I had a lot of Fun on this map. I think the detailing and concept is working really well. It seems to have a lot of room for all the classes to do be able to do something. The only thing that is worrying was how hard it was to try get the payload passed the enemy spawn. I also kinda wish you could jump on the green house, But I understand why you didn't allow that."
· Did you get the greenhouse idea from pl_coalbed? ;P Didn't play this one, unfortunately
· Very cool detailing, very cool layout, very cool map. I loved it a lot.
· I like the idea, but I really didn't end up enjoying the map itself. A lot of it felt open and overscaled, and I often got mixed up with teams because it switches unnecessarily (in my opinion).
· "Some pretty big sniper lines but I think those could be covered quite easily and I wasn't too bothered by them.
Last could use a bit more emphasis? I dunno, I just felt the engagements around last were lacking compared to those on the rest of the map.
Overall, I had a ton of fun on this map though and I generally don't enjoy PLR. Keep working on this one!"
· best map, should win
· this map has an awesome setting
· Lots of good height variation, healthpacks are placed well on a local scale for fun fights revolving around them. Scale is a bit too large, healthpacks are spread very thin across the large map, spawns are placed awkwardly.

plr_split_72_a5
· brutal
· I didn't like the gameplay a whole lot, but it looks pretty and feels like a valve map.
· Sorry Crash, but I found that the map was really just too, i dont know. I wish the split payload had come in earlier, and personally I think that map would of played so much better as a payload map, and not payload race.
· I think this map was well done for the time that you had, But because you had to spread your time over three stages I kinda feel like it does grab me or excite me as I thought It might would. I don't think the outcomes of what is happened/happening in the last stage from what happened in the other stages are clear.That said I think it should be get a honorable mention sort of speak for the finals.
· "Gameplay: OK (First), OK/Good (Second), OK (Third)
Good gfx
Stages are a bit small, Last rolled, dat explosion tho. A very ambitious project for a 72h contest, for sure! Last stage was always a roll when I played"
· Cross overs are broken, at very least on stage 1. Stages 1 and 2 are both hella bland, the saw in stage 3 never does anything. :/
· While it was very open(especially stage 3), and had some bugs, it was fun to play on, and any mapper who is able to put together a 3 stage plr map that works in 72hrs deserves a nomination.
· While the map is very fancy and stuff, I didn't enjoy playing it at all.
· Carts met at the first cross and got stuck :/
· Not many comments. Some of the layout isn't amazing, but very understandable with a detailed 3-stage map. Still nice and fun to play.
· I had some fun with this one. I can't put this one up as a finalist just because of some of the issues, of which I think you're more than aware (thanks youtube!). That being said though, I hope you continue to work on it. It for sure has the potential to be a great plr map.
more like plr_shit #burn #tooeasy #i'm going to come across as rude if people only read their own feedback
· Very easy for one team to go on long streaks of pushing the cart without being contested, does not feature particularly interesting combat areas.
· The 3D skybox is a bit wonky.

sd_defusal2_72
· its pretty cool design, confusing though
· really fun. It takes a while though and feels more like deathmatch, make the bombs more obviously important maybe?
· Very interesting new game mode.
· its roflman not rolfman cmon geit
· Fun gamemode, fun map. Getting onto that point with bomb was hard, and keeping it there was even harder. Just and the gamemode should be.
· I like the idea of this gamemode, But it needs some more work to it. I do like detailing, But I feel like a bit enclosed in places.
· "OK gameplay
OK/Good gfx
No comments."
· very creative concept
· "rolfman is a srs mapper
pretty cool map
has potential"
· People complain that this map is really small and excepting the space between red's spawn and their visualizers, I don't feel like that at all. It's just about the right size. I can always go find the flag which is something I can't ever do with normal ctf.
· The gamemode was really awesome, but I don't think the map did it enough justice. It was a bit too small in my opinion, and could use some more space for red to strategically drop the bomb away from the point.
· My favorite entry. There was a moment when the timer was counting down, I(red) was running to get the bomb, but was too slow. Right at the last second a demoman charged across and pulled the bomb off the point less than a second before it exploded. Definitely a cool gamemode, and the map isn't so bad either. I would really like to see this fleshed out.
· Probably my most favourite of the 72H maps. Good to see a revival of defusal, and also a very fun layout to play on. Despite being a custom mode, it felt easy to play and understand.
· Very fun once people got the hang of it, good idea. The map felt a bit cramped in places but I liked the layout, suited the mode well.
· awesome gamemode idea
· Very tense gameplay with a lot of strategy involved for both teams.

sd_sabotage_72_a6
· Teams were only stacked most the time but was fun playing
· looks cool
· "I really enjoyed playing on this map. I think the concept/ layout/ design works well. I think I am a bit bias as I do like SD for some reason and I wish there was more of them out there and this one has a good twist that seems to work well.
I would to see this finished KMP."
· "<can't judge the gameplay, really>
GREAT gfx!
Didn't get to play it for more than a couple of minutes :mad:, Cool concept!
The train pushes you through walls -> can get stuck"
· having checkpoints where the cart stops rolling back would really help this map ... also fixing that brush around the cart players keep getting stuck in
· Best map. 10/10, skip stage 2 voting and crown this the winner
· Although it was a little confusing, had some sightline issues and the middle of the map didn't see much action, the gamemode idea was very interesting and fun.
· I like the idea, but it felt very one-sided to play. Once you had the cart past the first area your team was basically guaranteed to win.
· that ym is gonna go far some day
· Long sightlines onto the rocket, very little height variation in areas surrounding the rocket.
· Nice twist on SD.

turf_whiskeyriver_a15
· There isn't at any point where and which point is active / been capture at all, I kinda feel this off the bat seems to shot its self in the foot. I do like the concept and I think this could be work if you had more time on it. on a positive I do like the little surf ramp and I like that there is a lot crouch-jump shortcuts/ areas
· "Meh/OK gameplay
OK gfx
Very messy detailing, errors apparantly (didn't see them myself). Crashed for me. Wierd gamemode. The point which is active should be made clearer by locking the other points. Also calling your map whiskeyriver is irresponsible, as all the 11 y/o gibuses would become alcoholists by playing this map."
· While an interesting premise, whichever point is chosen is the only section of the map that ever sees action. The opposite sides of the map are not balanced for the teams, and there's only really an equal chance of victory if the middle point is chosen.
· Completely imbalanced.
· "i lied, i have played it.
but i played it alone"
· Easy to get lost finding the correct point, asymmetrical maps are inherently unbalanced.
· I had no idea what was going on the entire time.

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
koth_mannieval_72_a5?
· pretty cool, I don't have much criticisms about this
· Buildings are a bit flat, but that's expected from a map with a time limit.
· "I really enjoyed playing on this map, I like the theme and I think it works fine. But it does have the properties as nucleus, what I mean by this is, the routes around the point kinda draw you away, this is fun for a little why, but makes people less inclined to cap or stay on the cap area.
Would be nice to see a extend and slim lined 5cp of this map'theme."
· I haven't played the final version, but it was alright in a2(?) and it looks very nice. Bit overscaled
· very solid layout
· "i felt like the height that we could get on the side of the map was kinda useless to holding the point
fighting on the point was kinda not fun, it was rather open and boring and not very intricate which meant that combat started to feel stale quickly
it would be cool though to see the map with the mannpower mode - grapple hooks on this map = probably cool!"
· Very flat, very huge, funnels players away from the point.
· While the map was somewhat fun, me and many other people entirely missed out on half of the map(and some of the only useful highground in the map) because it was so far away from the point. I would suggest moving the point more to the middle of the map, and adding more battlements to fight on.
· I definitely sorta enjoyed the layout. Some of the middle area seemed a bit big and hard to get around once the enemy had the point but otherwise it was alright. It's fun, but I don't think it's finalist material.
· Really like the way you're going with this. Please continue to work on it.
· more like girlyeval #burn
· This map is coolio
· Control point is very flat and open, doesn't use medieval mode.

Oh wow, quite a bit of positive feedback! I'm really glad so many people liked it. Honestly, I felt kinda bad about it myself, but I might remake it with a 5cp gamemode! Thanks everybody!

norfolk

aa
Jan 18, 2014
Nice feedback on one of my maps, bad on the other. Don't worry mtk fans, there's another map for it in the works :D

Waffe

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 2, 2012
Feedback from the 1st stage voting process - sorry if the formatting got messed up.

cp_ankh_72_a4
· It's so well done, it honestly seems fake. I don't think this level of detail and such could be done in 72 Hours...

FYI I DID stream the whole time ;)

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
A certain someone I won't name was saying essentially that during one of the playtests. Super rude and super ignorant. :/