+Charge Alt-Fire
-50 max health

Replaces Secondary.

The Win.
it is right here.

cyked

L3: Member
Dec 18, 2009
I would be in favor of the iron kurtain.

When tf2 started, the medics would always just stick to the heavy and heal people along the way. Now however, the medics seem to follow competitive style and stick with a soldier. This, along with the updates has caused heavy to become played less and less.

Valve is setting themselves up for a brilliant method of releasing updates so a class gets progressively worse and then the update makes it great. then worse and worse, boom, unlock, great, repeat...

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Revised:

Iron Kurtain
Level 10 Gameplay Balancer
+65% blast resistance
+45% fire resistance
+25% boolet reistance
+15% melee resistance
+Charge Alt-Fire
+Backstab Immunity
+100% Knockback Resistance when spining up.

-50 max health

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Charging and knockback resistance should be base abilities for the Heavy.

General_Norris

L2: Junior Member
Nov 16, 2009
Seriously mates the Heavy may not be "the best class" but is far from underpowered.

Players as a whole don't know how to play the Heavy. Most players try to shoot targets too far away so they suffer lots of damage and become a sitting duck for lots of time. They waste his potential. You should not be able to need more than 5 seconds to kill an enemy.

If the Heavy is so vulnerable when firing then play it in such a way that you reduce such weakness.

It may sound stupidly laughable but I NEVER get backstabbed. Also every Sniper worth his pants is also going to kill me as a Soldier or Demoman. It's easy to kill those the Heavy being a bigger target is not important. Crouching from time to time helps and drives Snipers nuts.

The real danger to Heavies are two Soldiers if they hit pretty fast because they are able to overwhelm him. It's a really fast battle and your aim is more important than theirs.

If you want to make the Heavy better just give him 50 more Health Points. That way you don't ruin the balance and make him far more powerful.

Whast do you think that makes the Heavy so bad? I will defend him a bit, he's nice!

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
the direct hit needs a damage buff. it seems a little weak right now.

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
i turned on the damage count, and it seems my direct hits only seems to be getting 25 - 50 damage per hit. that seems a little low for a weapon with upgraded damage.

Add a 1 in front of that and you've got it about right

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
id be happy with critical level damage with 0% splash.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
You're right drpepper, damage falloff really has to be removed, long range hits should be awarded.

I don't even know if you're serious or not, but I am not.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
You're right drpepper, damage falloff really has to be removed, long range hits should be awarded.

I don't even know if you're serious or not, but I am not.
its harder to hit a target from half across the map than up close. damage should increase with range.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah but the point of damage falloff is to reduce the effectiveness of random spam shooting at nothing in the hopes someone is there by the time it hits.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah but the point of damage falloff is to reduce the effectiveness of random spam shooting at nothing in the hopes someone is there by the time it hits.

I'd say if someone walks right in front of a rocket that's being fired from long range, that's their own dang problem. Moreso in the case of the Direct Hit, where there's such a small window where you'd take any appreciable amount of damage.

But on the other hand, somebody's got to think of the sentries. Being able to destroy sentries faster from outside their range is, of course, part of the point of the Direct Hit, but buff the damage at that range any more and he'd definitely be overpowered towards them. But maybe that doesn't matter so much since (A) the Engie's probably getting better stuff soon and (B) with all the explosive spam going on in the meantime, would anyone even notice if the sentries are going down even easier?

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
Heavy should get a special ability. It would fill up a RAGE! bar like the Buff Banner. When it's charged, the heavy can press reload with his minigun to activate it. Instead of buffing the team's damage, though, it gives 35% damage resistance. Including the heavy himself. The only reason the heavy has trouble is because he has no special abilities/qualities.