TF2Maps.net subscription giveaway!

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
TF2Maps.net is great because it has been written, so it will be done. It is God's will.

bomc

L2: Junior Member
Sep 25, 2008
TF2maps.net is great because of the awesomeness of all the people in the forum (and in the steam chat), because its full of understandable tutorials and friendly people who can and will help you if you need help, because its the best place to go when its raining outside and you cant roast marshmallows, because of the awesome contests, because of the missing angry 10 year old kids spamming everywhere, and because it is the only site that have beaten google in my "most visited webpages"-list :p

Last edited:

Shadow Monkey

Super Monkey
Jun 7, 2008
TF2Maps.net is great because there are so many of the best mappers ever! Awesome mappers + awesome maps = TF2maps.net! And there are a lot of tutorials and since I'm active on TF2maps.net I know about all of the best costum maps. And the best at TF2maps.net are these super-mega-friendly people, becaus if I say: "Hey! I have a problem!" In under 5 minutes someone say: "No problem. I know the answer of your problem!"

:thumbup1:

b1skit

L1: Registered
Feb 6, 2009
TF2Maps.net is great because it sets a new standard for community mapping sites and encourages exponential growth of available TF2 maps, content and assets.

Mashi

A Random Guy........
Mar 8, 2009
TF2maps.net is great because

TF2maps.net is great because,

When even I go Into the chat seeking the wisdom of the greater-than-me mappers I always get it free! One would expect to have to pay for an on demand instant troubleshooter(s). Aha and Youme, what a cool guy, if youme cant do it then.... neither can you . The community is absolutly fantasic and I'm glad I found it! When ever I do a little bit more on my map I can just drop a message and, almost instantly it gets replyed to!
This site is the #1 resource for TF2 mappers by miles. Also just look at the tutorial section. Now look around other sites tutorial section. Big difference isnt it. TF2 MAPS IS ABSOLUTLY CRAMMED WITH TUTORIALS TO HELP NOOBS LIKE MYSELF GET GOING!

Also Id like to use this post to thank:

Nova - Answering my questions
Youme - Helping me do displacements
Immortal - For giving me some advice with my server
Chrono - For getting my server some traffic

Regards,
Ephaniah

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
TF2maps.net is great because, since the first day I came here I was greeted with open arms and kind hearts. I had just started mapping when I joined here and any questions I had were answered without question.

Even to this day if I have a minor question or two someone is there to be able to lead me in the right direction towards fixing the problem. I have learned so much about mapping here in the past few months I have been here that I am now able to actively help people now. ID, Youme, Grim and Booj have been the biggest help and I think they sincerely.

I am working on my 4th map now, the previous three haven't been release for reasons, but the maps just keep looking better and better the more I do them and I have this site to thank for it. Everyone here(The Sponsors, The Admins, The Moderators, The New and The Old) has performed to the best of their ability and I thank them for it.

Cause that is what helps keep this site up and running and new people coming. Without everyone here we couldn't expend to a new server, we couldn't have the great gamedays that we do, and we definitely couldn't have one of the(if not the) best comprehensive and hilarious steam chats ever! That is why I think TF2Maps.net is great! :)

Last edited:

ikem

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 8, 2008
TF2Maps.net is great because when i first started mapping... i really sucked... and even for the next 5 months b4 i stumbled uppon tf2maps.net, i still sucked... BUT NOW, i am actually getting better. I can post about anything and always get a answer. The people here are all expert mappers, and even if they don't know what do to, they will find out.

Also uploading maps here is like 200 times better than fpsbanana :D

ratclaw

Feb 2, 2009
TF2Maps.net is great because.

It just is, no statement this true need be answered.

kwagner

Feb 28, 2009
TF2Maps.net is great because...

... I found solutions to my map building problems here BEFORE I started screaming.

[O]

L3: Member
Mar 21, 2009
TF2MAPS.NET is great because its the only sitethat is exclusively dedicated to TF2 mapping with the following great features:

• a community with a reputation of being friendly and highly helpful.
  • a comprehensive resource for modeling objects that is updated by the community with appropriate credits.
  • a platform for testing your custom maps with dedicated days and a community to provide feedback.
  • a dedicated tutorial section that is organized.
  • an organized and visualy appealing system for registering your map name and updating your friends on the progress of your work.
  • periodic competitions to stir up creativity and design discussion.
  • tips from the gods themselves: q+a sessions with valve mappers.

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
TF2Maps.net is great because it offers a haven where TF2 mappers may meet to collaborate and discuss different ideas. It is a collective where users can share knowledge and advice to help each other in a close, friendly environment with likeminded people. The community is incredibly dedicated to the fine art of mapping and helping those who seek it, and the effort put into this site's presentability and accessibility is second-to-none. TF2Maps is simply amazing!

Dec 25, 2007
Less than 20 hours left! Get your posts in now, unless you hate tf2maps :D

EDIT: This contest is now closed; winners will be drawn at random, and will be announced shortly. You'll get a PM if you've been chosen.

Last edited:

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
What do you mean by random? Just close your eyes and point and pick? So it doesn't matter what we put down as for the reason why we love TF2Maps.net?

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
What do you mean by random? Just close your eyes and point and pick? So it doesn't matter what we put down as for the reason why we love TF2Maps.net?

Yeah, doesn't really seem that fair, as some people will have put a lot of effort into their reason, whereas there are some really half-arsed reasons.

Dec 25, 2007
And the winners are:

* AntonJ3000
* CC_ArK
* kwagner
* Mashi
* Shadow Monkey

Congratulations to these five in particular, but congratulations to everyone for helping the community. You've all pointed out many reasons why, but:

TF2Maps.net is great because of all of you!

Oh, how soppy!

Edit: About randomness: the contest announcement said from the beginning it would be a random choice; you were asked to finish the sentence not to provide the "best" answer, but instead to let everyone know why you appreciated tf2maps.net

Last edited:

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
PAH, I'm taking back what I said about TF2maps now >.<