TF2Maps.net subscription giveaway!

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by VelvetFistIronGlove, Mar 28, 2009.

1. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is really cool, as you all know. But did you know it's even cooler if you get a paid subscription? You not only get the warm fuzzy feeling of keeping the community running, but you also get all these features:

• Nifty 'TF2Maps.net Sponsor' image tag: [​IMG]
    • Your own map developer blog on this site.
    • Full image gallery features.
    • A larger avatar.
    • A larger signature size allowance, with images in your signature.
    • Removal of all those pesky ads.
    • Increased 500 PM inbox size.
    • Full text search.
    • View other members' profiles.

You can get all this by donating to the site, with subscription prices starting at $3.99 for one month. You can donate here, or click the “Donate” button on the right side of the homepage.

However! You're wondering about the “giveaway” bit in the subject. Well, I'm going to give away five 3-month subscriptions to three people. This is all an evil plot by me to get these five lucky people hooked on the benefits that subscribing gives, they won't be able to give it up! :D

If you'd like a chance to get a free 3-month subscription, all you have to do is tell us your appreciation for this community by replying to this post, finishing the sentence: TF2Maps.net is great because...

In one week, I will collect all the entries, and randomly select five lucky people, and pay for their 3-month subscriptions*. If you're selected, you'll be notified by PM, and I'll post in this thread to let everyone know the results.

Thanks to the generosity of a wonderful Mystery Person™, we have two more to give away for a grand total of 5! :wow:

Current TF2Maps.net sponsors are not eligible to enter, because you already know how cool subscribing is. Also, TF2Maps.net administrators and moderators are not eligible to enter either. Disclaimer: this is not an official TF2Maps.net promotion, this is all my own idea and the three subscriptions are wholly paid by me. *The two others paid for by the wonderful Mystery Person™. And thanks to drpepper for assisting with the technicalities.

• Thanks Thanks x 19
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. Fogold

Fogold L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    TF2maps.net is great because of its fantastic teachings, as it leaves arrogance and showing off behind, and focuses completely on teaching others the ways of fantastic mapping, unlike most community mapping websites.

Was I supposed to write a paragraph or just finish the sentence?

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because of all the people, who make up this wondeful community, and are helpful and great to have a chat with.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  4. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because everybody is friendly, there are many tutorials, maps, models and textures. Simply the greatest site ever.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  5. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because... everyone here is awesome and we have people called VelvetFistIronGlove and there is always something to do and you can show your work to people and we have an awesome chat, we have the best admin (DrPepper) and we have a wonderful community and I am running out of idea's. :p

:thumbup1:

DBP

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  6. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because we are a sharing community in which all of us contribute ideas toward something we all love and enjoy. I know I've learnt so much during my time here so far, and whilst my mapping may not be up to the god-like quality of some people here, I've been encouraged, nurtured, and I owe it all to this wonderful, ever growing community of friends.

And that's not some soppy story made up to win a subscription, it's the truth.

Tom 'zpqrei' Pritchard.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  7. CC_ArK

CC_ArK L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    My Entry

TF2maps.net is great because... it is a mapping community site by the mappers and for the mappers. Its not just a collection of 12 year olds porting de_dust to TF2 in neon colors, but it is an educated, intelligent, and diverse community of people that want to help each other to make a better community of gaming development for one of the best multiplayer games on the market.

;)

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  8. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because the admin is going to give me a free three-month subscription to his website in return for this sentence.

• Thanks Thanks x 7
  9. zpqrei

Positive Ratings:
    I lol'd.

10. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  11. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because of the awesome people, the great maps, the helpful tutorials, the many activitivities and the lively boards

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  12. AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000 I am inactive and make horrible maps

Positive Ratings:
    TF2Maps.net is great because of the awesome helpful members, detailed tutorials, drunk cows, the extremely awesome maps and the mapping contests.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  13. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Want to thank VFIG for the amazing giveaway hes put together here for other members to enjoy. Really feels good to see the quality community everyone has helped to build here.

Good luck everyone!

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  14. GrimGriz

GrimGriz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 maps.net is great because you can find out your sponsorship allows pics in your sig when someone holds a contest

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. uma plata

uma plata L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    TF2maps.net is great because it enables the people who use it to create value for TF2 players.

We all know Valve is committed to providing post-release content for TF2, but the people from TF2 maps create the majority of the content for this game, and TF2 maps helps them do it.

TF2 would not be as great of a game as it is today without TF2maps.net, imo

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    TF2maps.net is great because it's able to handle all problems and still deliver high and top quality content and community for about 1.5 years.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  17. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Tf2maps.net is fucking awesome!!

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  18. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Becaaauseee? :p

19. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    Because it's fucking awesome ofcourse!

20. zpqrei

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah. It being fucking awesome is a reason in itself.