TF2M Trading Thread

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
In light of the reappearance of the Halloween gift drops, I am offering a Scout or Demoman mask for a Medic. It's the only one I'm missing.

Doctor Paprika

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 24, 2011
Super, I will give you my Genuine Deus Specs for your Genuine Deus Specs, that way they'll level up faster (TF2 works like Pokemon, right)?

Non-joke portion of post: I have a Professor's Peculiarity painted Team Spirit that I'm willing to trade for a variety of hat, misc. item, and paint combos, mainly for Soldier and Medic. Doubt anyone has anything I want, but it's a boss Engineer hat, so think about it.

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
Im looking a strange Degreaser, Kritzkrieg and Gunslinger. I'l give 2 reclaimed and a scrap for each or 3 refined for all of them
Harribo, just a heads-up so you don't get laughed at if you try that offer anywhere else:
The crate that drops the Strange Krtiz and Gunslinger (Crate 30) costs about 10 refined.
The CRATE.
That is how rare they are. They are worth 5 keys BY THEMSELVES.

Now, I have a Strange Gunslinger (sorry Harribo, I'm not selling it, even though I <3 you, this is just for an example). I was lucky enough to get one of the very few crate 30s out there to drop. I've seen those Gunslingers go for a painted Bill's and a Key and I've seen the Krtiz go for Earbuds.

(Also, your Degreaser bid is also way underpriced. Check here for standard prices on things.)

Mr. Wimples

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 27, 2010
That spreadsheet isn't used by the vast majority of traders, I don't recommend it.

Just doing an experiment, I drew a random number of items from the spreadsheet and compared them to prices people were accepting on TF Trading Post and on trade servers. 90% of the time the prices being accepted and offered were exactly as the chart had stated (the other 10% were just people trying to lowball the hell out of an item). I've also used the chart to gauge personal trades, and every single sale and purchase I've made this way was spot on with the expectations of the person I sold to or bought from. Regardless of what people actually go by when they trade, the chart is astonishingly accurate.

Last edited:

Turbo Lover

Fight me under Glasgow Central Station
aa
Feb 15, 2011
Oh and TF2TP are extortionists, period.

I'd like to extend this to TF2 Outpost on the basis it's practically the same thing, and likely the same people use it. TF2 Trader didn't personally impress me, but I guess it's okay, and Reddit meh.

If you'd like to see any server I frequent, launch TF2, tick Server Not Full and Has Users Playing and type 'trade' into the map criteria and you've pretty much got the full list.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
So, I sold one of my extra masks to a guy for "one scrap," and he gave me two Scout weapons that turned out (either on purpose or by accident) to be uncraftable. The Winger I'm fine with; I can just craft the other one I have, but I already named and described my original Holy Mackerel. Anyone who actually uses the Mackerel and is willing to trade their craftable one for my uncraftable?

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
I have a Heavy's Frankenstein head, the Sniper's garlic-and-stakes, and the Scout's ankh that I'm trying to unload, and need the devil wings to complete my Pyro costume.

Also I'm left with two extra Pyro masks and a Medic. I don't care what I get for them.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Did anyone get one of those halloween demoman paperbag masks this year? It's the last one I need, and I've had the other 8 rotting in the backpack for a year.
Just name a price (metal), I can't imagine they're worth much though.