TF2 Update!

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I came home from work just a little bit ago and this was in my downloads tab on steam:

ninjatf2update.jpg

But if you view the news it says there hasn't been an update since the 21st.
Is valve releasing ninja updates and not telling anyone what is being changed?
This is the second time this has occurred.

Impulse

L2: Junior Member
Nov 1, 2009
i got that too.... but no update news, it might just be an engine update because DOD and CSS were also updated

Ice.jpg

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
Hmmm, but yours was 13.5MB mine was 25.9MB... What seems to be going on here VALVE!

Mar 23, 2010
mine was 25.9 mb.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
  • multiplayer ob binaries.gcf
  • counter-strike source client.gcf
  • counter-strike source shared.gcf

While TF2 may be affected from the first alteration, it is unlikely any TF2-specific changes occurred at all. (I don't have DoD, so I can't tell about that one.)

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
I've downloaded about 20-50 mbs 4 or 5 times in the past few days. I'm assuming it's just they're typical run of ninja updates that tweak the engine. As long as there's not another one that breaks the game completely (seen two in the past year) I wouldn't be too worried.

EDIT: Actually they might have to do with getting the Mac version to run. Mac port has been near unplayable whereas the other source engine games have run just fine.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
EDIT: Actually they might have to do with getting the Mac version to run. Mac port has been near unplayable whereas the other source engine games have run just fine.

Lol Macs.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Actually they might have to do with getting the Mac version to run.

While some content is certainly shared, mac binaries are generally in separate GCFs which are marked for "macos" that are not downloaded for Windows machines. (Found that out because they broke an assertion in my code when they added it.)

Sep 1, 2009
So many strange small tf2 updates....

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
While some content is certainly shared, mac binaries are generally in separate GCFs which are marked for "macos" that are not downloaded for Windows machines. (Found that out because they broke an assertion in my code when they added it.)

All I know is that I've downloaded larger files on the mac side then with XP version.