TF2 To get unlockable weapons

MacNetron

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
An "Overhealer" and a "healing ray"?
That would kinda suck. I play medic 80% of the time and I want a better GUN to frag people.
Because I get killed often (as thinking people kill the medic first), I have to walk to the action all time. One or two rogue enemies behind the lines and I am dead again.
Problem with the current gun is the firing distance (as stated by Kirko already). Although the arc is nice to take out sentry gun, that job is mostly done by the character I heal...
So to frag a character I have to get quite close and then I get killed.
I could of course run away, but that is not something this offensive doc is doing easily.

Last edited:

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
But the medic is supposed to be support and not be killing people. Medic is my most played class, and I'm fine with the idea so far, and actually do see myself using the overhealer even with a lack of uber since sometimes I'll go 5 lives without ever getting to use a charge for one reason or another, it's then that I'd rather just be more useful healing.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Agreed, the player who heals the medic should protect the medic first because it's all about teamwork.

Maybe medic can heal himself faster or... REVIVE FALLEN PLAYERS?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
hmmm revive fallen players eh? not keen it could be quite dissorientating being effectively in spectator then all of a sudded you are resurrected nd playing again.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
lol, seeing all the bits of someone resurrected fly back together would look awesome, especially in the german version.

Kantham

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2008
I don't like the idea at all. What Valve should be doing instead is working on new quality levels and try to balance every class, make the medic a little more rewarding to play with for example. Unlockables suck.

MacNetron

Dec 12, 2007
But the medic is supposed to be support and not be killing people. Medic is my most played class, and I'm fine with the idea so far, and actually do see myself using the overhealer even with a lack of uber since sometimes I'll go 5 lives without ever getting to use a charge for one reason or another, it's then that I'd rather just be more useful healing.
I would agree with you IF my team mates protect me. Most players don't play medic so they don't know their weaknesses. So I get killed protecting their asses.
And then I have to walk back to the action ALONE. That is my problem.

On a good team, I don't have no trouble not firing the gun but only heal. The max heal of 12899 is prove of that.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
I don't like the idea at all. What Valve should be doing instead is working on new quality levels and try to balance every class, make the medic a little more rewarding to play with for example. Unlockables suck.

Unlockables rock, they can leave the levels to us :p

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Well reviving, if the cam stayed around you when you didnt blow up in pieces (just the ragdoll) and the medic has a cool revive gun, It would be funny, although unbalanced now I think of it :p

Unless... medics can use it every 30 secs :D

MacNetron

Dec 12, 2007
Although I like the concept of reviving, I don't think it will work.
The couple of shooters I've played with reviving-able medics, there you have some state of "down but not dead yet". When the enemy sees such players, they make sure they go to state "really dead".
So in our case, "down but not dead yet" teammembers are at the front, where the action is. That is also the place where the medic is most vulnerable, especially when not moving...

EDIT: the ability to choose between uber and reviving might be better. In that case the medic is less vulnerable. And it would be limited and to-be-earned.
So ubering a corpse will revive him. The ultimate Dr. Frankenstein!!! "IT'S ALIVE"

Last edited: