TF2 Goes multicore: How to activate it.

Malcolm

L3: Member
Jul 10, 2008
I already have the maximum fps (60 because of vsync) and no real fps drops. So the multicore support seems quite useless to me, although my quadcore would be happy about some extra work ;)

StoneFrog

L6: Sharp Member
May 28, 2008
If you only have a single core... well, this will have no benefit to you.. upgrade already!! :p

Please. I have a friend with near-identical system specs, but he's dual core, and I still whoop his FPS in Source engine games. :closedeyes:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
it amazes me to see people saying their getting no gain from this...my fps essentially doubled
from 50-90 to 110-170 <_<

as for stability...im bound to say that the more common your cpu is, the less crashes your likely to get, as valve did list this as a compatibility test, im using the Q6600, and ive played for about 3 hours with no crashes...

and i already had a topic on this, but it seems mods topics are so much more popular :p

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Okay, so, first try was akward, maybe because of cpu consuming app behind (deezer ?) second try was much more convincing.
-almost 30% fps gain, but generally (as number don't really matter) really more "smoothness" in the middle of fight intense moments.
-no crash on the whole evening.

I can't say that it was the case for all my teamates, alas.

So, it doesn't hurt to say it from time to time, but Thank You, Valve.

Aug 19, 2008
i´m pretty happy with the multicore-update, no crashes or problems so far,
only thing i noticed is that it now takes longer to disconnect and get back to the main menu
i got a 40% fps boost, at least it feels so
so, yeah, thx valve! and if thats only beta i feverishly wait for the golden release

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
I've noticed no difference, probably because I already had about 70-200 fps anyway. However the update has caused the game to hang for a few seconds a very regular basis. So, yeah :S

AntonJ3000

I am inactive and make horrible maps
Oct 29, 2008
This helped me from 50-60 to 140-150 (dustbowl 28man), But I turned it off when I realised that it lagged up my in-game community friends chat, I was forced to type slow when I had multi-core on :(