Textures won't show on Source Hammer when I open a file

ViniSillyBilly

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2024
I've recently started to try and learn how to create maps on Source Hammer, and so far I've been following UEAKCrash's tutorial on YouTube to help with understanding the program. I got to a certain point where I felt as if I needed a break, so I saved my current map (which at the time displayed the textures) and decided to continue at a later time. However, when I went to open the file back up, all the textures/colors had been removed from the file from what I could see on Hammer. The odd part about this is that everything, which includes textures, skyboxes and lighting works just fine when I boot up the map onto TF2, but not in the program itself. I'll share some pictures as a visual representation for everything.

textureissue1.png
20240412151604_1.jpg

Is this an actual bug or is this just a common beginner question I'm unaware of?

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
In Hammer, you need to click on the black box in the top right of your 3D view that says "camera".
This will give you a dropdown list of view types, which you need to change to "3D Shaded Textured Polygons".