Team Fortress 2 Update, 6th October

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
Anyone know if un-painting or un-naming an item gives you the paint/nametag back?

I tried it and it failed full stop. Hat stayed with paint on it. Might just be me...

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Ah great! Last night I just deleted a bunch of gift item duplicates because I couldn't do anything with them! Thanks...

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
Anyone know if un-painting or un-naming an item gives you the paint/nametag back?

You tried it? I want to get the purple back of my bakerboy - looks rubbish, you can hardly tell (it's worse than the preview).

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
My Pyro weaponmodel animations are all faffed up. Whoever weapon_penguin is also noticed it. Flamethrower's fine, but switching to the axe or shotgun and reloading the shotgun makes it jump all over the screen. And it also plays the shotgun reloading animation if I try to reload when it's already full.

Also, it said I found L'Etranger, but then it didn't show up in my backpack. But there were two giftbombs detonated during that game, and I did get both items from those.

EDIT: Oh, it appeared in my backpack the next round. Weird.

Last edited:

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
The update went live yesterday, as indicated by the fact TPG made this thread on the 6th. Valve didn't post the changelog to the steam news section until today. (it was available to HLDS mailing list subscribers though)

Oh, okay sorry mine says differently.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also there's never a way to know if everyone is experiencing the bug or if it's just a few people. Such is the way with PC games; no two people have the exact same system, so any bug could be localized.