tc_babel

TC tc_babel _v4

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid submitted a new resource:

tc_babel - 5372x5372 HU TC map? Now you're speaking my language!

A very strange TC map rescued from the clutches of the demi-devils.
In an attempt to confuse players less than usual, the capture points are all given letters, and mid is very simplistic and contains doorways into all four points.

The final A/D round has been completely removed because it's really confusing for people trying to wrap their head around the gamemode.

The map is very, very small - only 10 seconds of walk time between your team's capture point and that of the enemy team. Since...

Read more about this resource...

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid updated tc_babel with a new update entry:

V2 - Dispel (some of) the Devilry

-Instead of the enemy team having their dead players respawned when you start capturing their capture point, their respawn wave time will now be set to 5 seconds while you're capturing it
-This is basically a more organic way of doing the same thing

-Added a ramp between the capture point and low ground on D

-Added a ramp to let defending snipers get up to the high ground on A

-(hopefully) Fixed an issue where players would spawn inside the ground on B

koishi_step01b_001.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016
Tiftid updated tc_babel with a new update entry:

V3 - Getting there!

-Reduced the internal capture time value of all control points from 15 to 11 (I thought I had done this in V2, but apparently I hadn't)

-Tore down the Tower of Babel at mid and replaced it with a hill and little platform overhang which should be a lot more fun to play around
-Added a special something to keep the Babel spirit alive in compensation
-Widened doors leading into mid wherever it was easy and made sense

sd_meteor_master_step01b_001.png

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016
Dunno. I don't really have a strong visual style in mind for it, and if people are just gonna continuously hate the tightness until the end of time then it's just more worth it for me to detail pl_boatload instead and come back to this the next time I have an overabundance of free time.

I do like a lot of the decisions I made, though. I think I succeeded in making it feel more like a back-and-forth battle than the usual kind of TC map does.

its_hi

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2021
Dunno. I don't really have a strong visual style in mind for it, and if people are just gonna continuously hate the tightness until the end of time then it's just more worth it for me to detail pl_boatload instead and come back to this the next time I have an overabundance of free time.

I do like a lot of the decisions I made, though. I think I succeeded in making it feel more like a back-and-forth battle than the usual kind of TC map does.
Don't stress about it. I like the tight and deathmatch-y environments and the constant action. I like what you made here, but if your choice is to postpone it and place it as your third or fourth priority, then I respect your choice. Take your time.

Tiftid

aa
Sep 10, 2016

Zacco

L69: Deviant Member
Feb 28, 2021
I haven't played this map (I really hope to) but all of the geometry just makes my brain happy. It's good geometry. Good.