KotH Suburb

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Turnip, Aug 31, 2015.

?

Would you like to see this concept made into a map?

1. Yes

2. Even more yes than choice #1

3. No

4. Doesnt affect anything so it doesnr matter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Current Stage: Pre-Alpha

KotH_Suburb is a standard KotH map that takes place in a normal suburban city in the country that TF2 takes place in.

This map is going to make me learn trigger events such as the train thing, and teaching me to edit those and using my own models that aren't the standard train.

• Edit to the map drawing: Occasional Motor car will go UNDER POINT, as the point will be in a building with a tunnel under it that has constant traffic giving very slim chances for players to jump out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Did you intend to use the word 'suberb' as your map name, rather than the word 'suburb'?

Also, as well as 'Yes', 'Yes', and 'No', could you provide an 'I don't care' option in your poll?

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    This is really what I'm most interested in, because you clearly know how to spell "suburban" and can probably therefore infer the correct spelling of "suburb." My only guess is you're attempting a pun with "superb," but the different pronunciations really wreck that.

You're gonna get a lot of people pointing it out, so there better be a good reason!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you for pointing that out, I almost let that slip by me.

5. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    Poles arent required. So if you dont care dont answer.

6. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    I thought you might say that. It's important to know how many people do not care about something, as much as it is to know their opinion on it. It can help you focus on the things that truly matter. Also, if you only have a small number of votes they will be rather skewed without knowing the whole story, unless you are accounting for the people who do not care by using the number of people who have viewed the thread but not voted.

7. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    The way you phrased the initial statement struk me as rude, rather than constructive as was your intent.

8. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    The map is almost in a1 so if anyone is interested in play testing add me on steam. :D

9. Suomimies55

Suomimies55 there's a skeleton inside you right now.

Positive Ratings:
    Why not just upload it here?

And it could be tested in imp or at gameday.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    I have a friend who pays for servers so its easier to get a map tested and faster.

11. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    If you want feedback from us, the way to do it is in our gamedays or impromptus. We can pull tons of players multiple times a day for testing with the click of a button. I'd say that's fast and easy. It's a lot simpler than hoping someone is interested enough in an a1 to add you and get instructions and be ready at some time or whatever.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    I could do both no harm in it.

13. Turnip

Positive Ratings:
    If anyone knows how to fix trains, the general discussion post I made seems to have died and no one is giving me a solution.