Studio Section

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Sel, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    All we really have here as a models section is a release forum.

Add something for general modeling, all those polypack threads (they really don't belong in off topic), tapp's shit in the construction requests thread, etc.

Also a place to dump all the tutorials I brought around here so that I don't have to repost them all the time because they've been buried under mapping tutorials!

And then make me a global mod.

• Thanks Thanks x 9
  2. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    i support everything

selentic4mod this year every year

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  3. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    i support super

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    Studio section is good idea.
    No comment on the rest.

5. Okrag

aa Okrag Wall Staples

Positive Ratings:
    We need studio section for maps too. Showcase should be where all the finished stuff goes, that way people can find good maps for their servers there.

6. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    What? No.

It's not difficult to press search rc in the maps section, there's no reason for it to warrant a separate section.

7. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    A 'Finished Maps' section wouldn't be a bad idea though, maybe as a subsection of the regular map area.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I heartily support the studio section.
    But the global mod...
    "your post was deleted. reason: not owning 3ds max"

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    You can easily hit search for final/rc in the maps section on the right hand side and it immediatly brings up any rcs/finals. I don't think we should add irrelevant subforums and the likes.

10. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I know that, but how many non-members who just come here looking for a map to download know this though?

11. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I second a studio section

12. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Hahahahahaha

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    IMO It's pretty obvious. :x A Big "Development Stage" dropdown menu. Each to his own though (Also: having more than one forum for final maps is stupid because it breaks everything up and seperates maps which then in turn makes it harder for people to find maps they think might be final but are actually beta etc)

14. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    ^^

Catering to stupid people isn't going to make them any smarter.

15. Acumen

aa Acumen Annoyer

Positive Ratings:
    the polypack stuff was just made there, cause everyone followed YM :D
    the model forum is more than enough for the small amount of output the modelers create in here. it's called showcase - model & textures - everything fits in there...

apart from that, you should finally get your stuff together and stop calling people's work shit. i don't care if you were serious or not with that tapp-remark. your cocky attitude makes my head explode. you totally destroy my happy people family forum in here ;)
    you act totally bully when someone gives the least amount of crit on any of your work, yet you don't seem to think 1 second about anyones feelings when you state something on their work...
    i always need to gather all my emotional containment to not post in any of your threads.

you're not polite and not respectful. period.
    you gotta be "not so serious" when you want moderator status with that kind of attitude.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  16. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    You seem to have taken a pronoun as an adjective, I didn't mean it as you seem to think I did.

Sorry for the confusion.

17. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    So your asking for some kind of "Tutorials & Help" sub-forum to be created under "Models & Textures"?

18. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    No I am asking for a section called the studio to be created with a subsection for tutorials. Where WIPs would be posted, clearing up the release section for actual releases.

19. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    we map for tf2 here. and as a consequence of custom mapping, users will need custom models. but, we are still a mapping community. a tutorial section under mapping and discussion is already in place. this is tutorials for everything that relates to custom tf2 maps, including models.

a release is just that. a map that has been released to the public whether it be alpha, beta, or final.

dividing a wip and final sections would be confusing. not to say the 'final' area would be next to bare, as most maps stay in beta or rc stage and never make it to final.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    but again as always, when it comes to suggestions. i rarely say ABSOLUTELY NO to anything. so if others can chime in and suggest an alternative or show more support for this idea, it can sway me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1