Stock maps in Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
ON another note, copying a valve map and releasing it again is generally not good for one's reputation.

But if you're only using parts of it, then go ahead. I mean, I guess that's what follower did, and it struck huge amongst the mapping community.

But yeah, when you are taking a part of a map that is in a valve map, like a prop or something, and remake a completely different map, it's not exactly editing a valve map. That is really what makes it a problem with what you initially said. That being said, it must have been a misunderstanding.

Now on the other hand, if I see you taking the entirety of.. I dunno... pl_goldrush and make it nighttime, I'm going to have to go berserk.

Last edited:

Artesia

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 11, 2008
He didn't prove you right, he proved that you're one of the following.

To lazy to do something yourself
To stupid to do something yourself

You also seem to be too dim to understand what plagiarism means. Valve gave us tools to build our own maps, models, textures... we use their maps to look at to learn how to do it ourselves. copying even part of the geometry is incredibly lazy. When people see it they will know you are lazy, and a bad mapper. I mainly look at them ONLY to look at how their entities are working. the actual shape of the level, SHOULD NEVER BE COPIED. Why? because that is what makes that map unique, copying it, makes your map, not unique, it doesn't matter how little/much you're using. if you are using so little, is it really that hard to make it yourself?

Oh wait, I guess it is, I'll just point back to you being either too lazy or too stupid.

/end

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Grow up.

You're entitled to nothing.

All we ask is that you respect the hundreds of hours of effort that mappers put into their creations -- that includes the Valve maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.