CP standin

Aug 23, 2008
A10 is out. Basically fixed two bugs, but didn't want to fuck around with 9a or w/e.

Spawn doors no longer have screwy area portal (forgot to put the name of the door in the linked door slot). Map should end on time limit, instead of going on forever.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Might be a little late, but i'm not a huge fan of the gray on gray theme.

Aug 23, 2008
Oh jesus, its beta time. B1 is relelelesaed

B1 changes.

-Added skybox, added sounds.
-Repositioned resupply lockers for better rollouts.
-Added medium ammo at C, repositioned small ammos.
-Name changed to cp_command

Aug 23, 2008
b2 is out. Changed the lighting, added more detail, slight changes to c.

-Now has light grey lighting env, much better visibility, and overall a better ambiance.
-Added platforms to c, perfect for soldiers to spam onto the point from behind.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
SO I just got done playing this in a lobby in a hl setting (Hi I'm Bane!) and the one thing I notice is that if you want reliable feedback in this map in a highlander sense you're going to have to convince better highlander teams to scrim it. This map is going to be VERY communication dependent in a highlander sense if it ever gets into a highlander league.

Luckily if both teams can't communicate it comes down to DM, so there's something to enjoy for everyone.

Aug 23, 2008
SO I just got done playing this in a lobby in a hl setting (Hi I'm Bane!) and the one thing I notice is that if you want reliable feedback in this map in a highlander sense you're going to have to convince better highlander teams to scrim it. This map is going to be VERY communication dependent in a highlander sense if it ever gets into a highlander league.

Luckily if both teams can't communicate it comes down to DM, so there's something to enjoy for everyone.

Actually was in the mumble with the extv guys when they were playing against you. "TMP IS GOING NUTS!" :D

Aug 23, 2008
SHIZZNET, forgot to update. cp_standin_b5 is available. This is actually the version that will be played in ESEA season 10. It also just finished being played in the MGE cup, with a cast being done between kawaii kings and banned from e-harmony.

Bloodhound

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 3, 2011
On the last screenshot you can see a resupply.
As far as I remeber the doors should clip into the wall if the resupply stands in such a position.
Didn´t test it, but you should. ;D

Aug 23, 2008
So it's back to being standin from command?

Yes, should have mentioned that. A lot of my playtesters, and some of the highlander kids, all know the map as standin. When I changed revenant to metalworks a while ago, that was mostly an issue with seperating it from resonance, the map it was a remake of. There was a bit of a time lag so people had an opportunity to adjust. Here, everyone knows it as standin, and the name change didn't make a whole lot of sense, even though it might be a better name overall. I've already had some problems with people downloading command instead of standin, so sticking with this name should at some point help avoid confusion.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Hate to necro-bump, but I've been playing a lot of Gotham City Imposters lately, and Fumigation mode on it made me think back to this map and wondering how it'd work with it.

It's sort of like tug-of-war Domination. Instead of each team starting at 0%, they both start at 50%. Controlling more control points than the opponent starts building your meter, and reducing the opposing team's. The more CP's you're up on the opponent, the faster it builds. The capture rate on the meter slows down, though, once a team hits 90%.

Have a hard time-limit of ten minutes, no extra time added for captures, and in Overtime double the capture rate. Could definitely be interesting.

Rizz

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 18, 2009
This map is very easy to get picked off in, especially in competitive play and especially on "B".
The map creator needs to add a few more "duck and cover" areas. Medics die way to easily and it makes it a hellacious time trying to build an uber while maintaining your teams health.

Necro-post or not, it's a valid statement seeing as this map is now on the official UGC Summer Playlist.

Last edited:

Hinchy

L1: Registered
Jun 28, 2012
I have to wonder if you've ever thought about a variant of this map with the new Special Delivery game mode. I've always loved this map for its interesting design having the width of the map being the main continuum (rather than the length across as with a normal CP map); and Special Delivery is a game mode designed around that format. I can imagine having the Australium briefcase spawning right where Point A is, and a redesigned, opened up Point C area being host to the rocket.

Just an interesting thought that popped into my head earlier.