Hey there Guest,
The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.
Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by ScorpioUprising, Aug 2, 2011.
Ho dang son!
probably better than my attempts!
would love to play it sometime
I like the room where you 'choose' the CP you're heading to.
I'm looking forward to playing this!
It certainly looks better than my horrible try-outs with the 3cp system..
I'm a Scorpio fanboy. I wish we could just go to the future when this map is done and its on my server.
THE FUTURE IS NOW!
Well, maybe in a bit.
played a2 played it with some bots cause my internet was being bad. was excited to see dom actually working (though it was bots). gamemode is far superior to the shit i was trying.
i didn't really like how i could get from spawn exit to B in one rocketjump, not really sure if that's a real issue. don't see why spawns couldn't be pushed back though. the only real complaint i have is it was a little dark around A and there weren't clear sign to A when you are done capping B. and it was very big and open in the connector from spawn to C, could probably use something there but it wasn't really that big of a deal.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7479925/Maps/Prestige/cp_standin_a20000.jpg probably a sign there
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7479925/Maps/Prestige/cp_standin_a20001.jpg lil dark
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7479925/Maps/Prestige/cp_standin_a20002.jpg gets a bit dark at some angles or something. it was darker when i was playing i swear!
A4 is out:
- Changed the layout of C a bit, made it harder to flank around the pillars. Also adjusted some of the dimensions to make it a bit more close quarters.
- Added a bridge at mid to make combat flow a bit better. Widened ramps at mid, and added some lighting below the point to make it clearer where the health pack is.
- Tightened the choke between the spawn/C connector and middle.
- Added some more small health packs at second, they are on the hill so it should help with pushes and keep cappers from being able to abuse them.
- Increased the size of spawn. Also, added a script that enables and disables spawns based off which point you own. If you control middle, for example, the opposing team won't spawn facing middle, and vice versa.
A7 is released, detailwork coming along nicely.
Changes for A7:
- Moved healthpacks around at C, putting the small healths behind the pillars. Medium ammo split into two smalls.
- Fixed cap B. It wasn't adding time properly on capture. Didn't really matter for most gameplay situations, but its been resolved now.
- Added more ammo at B.
- Blocked some sniper sightlines in spawn at B. A fence and a new rock should force snipers to come out of spawn in order to get any picks.
- DETAILS! C and B pretty much fully detailed. A, Connectors and Spawns should be worked on soon (roughly that order methinks).
A8 is out. Detailing continues. Some slight changes to health pack and ammo positions. Also, clip fixes (ALA WALKA).
Okay, so beta versions are going to have a different name. Standin was always a (hohoho) standin title. Was thinking something like cp_vault or cp_headquarters. SUGGESTIONS?
I suggest cp_standin and if that doesn't work then it can either be cp_notemoworks or cp_walrus.
As a side note, I have no clue what you should call it.
Cap B looks suspiciously like Yukon's Cap B, or rather a mixture of Yukon's Cap B and Cap A. Otherwise, I like it.
i think something that kinda implies the dom gamemode might be neat.
and others from this list. dunno. i like headquarters more than vault.
This has been taken for a quite a while now.
Also, i am bit worried about your detailing in your pics and it is problem with your maps in general. They all are covered with tall walls, either building or tall cliff, really makes it all feel bit claustrophobic, while i understand what your theme here is about, it needs more different non gameplay area detailing than just cliffs, as with all these cliffs you have room for small out of gameplay zone waterfall area or some forests.
Go bit crazy and expand from the cliffs and tall buildings, you got a lot of potential when it comes to detailing, don't get stuck with one same idea.
cp_authority or cp_command does sound pretty stellar
haha, googling cp_command to make sure its not being used gets me this:
A9 of standin is out. LOOKIN PRETTY SLICK IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF!
- Map is fully detailed, dev textures are gone.
- Removed health pack beneath the bridge at A, put the healthpacks back on the cliffside.
- Adjusted a fence near the spawn entrance to A. Changed the arrangement at A a bit as well, adding a concrete fence.
- Added a small ammo pack to the A side of the A/B connector.
- Moved ammo packs at C.
On a runaround looks really good. Haven't had time to play let alone 6v6 but...
One thing is that the map relies pretty heavily on the whole embedded-in-cliff-building thing... tf2 does do it fairly often but you might want to rethink your transitions, and what it would actually look like if someone tried to build into a rock wall, or tunnel through it
Right, thats one thing I got a bit sloppy on. I did two of the badwater style displacements over the doors from B to C, but in other parts of the map I was too hasty and didn't do it proper. B1 should have proper cave openings.
Some weird phantom-zone portally stuff going on at red's C door.
Yah, areaportals are fucked. Not sure what the culprit is. Gonna try and set up a fix soon.
Separate names with a comma.