Resource icon

KotH Spring B1 2016-04-04

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I was also considering adding a third route, though no one seemed to suggest this in the game or mention thetwo routes being a problem, just tha the cap area itself needed changed, so I might hold off on this change for now but remember that I can still turn the disused cablecar building into a route to the middle very easily.

A third route may help with spreading out players more (making it seem less cramped) however i reckon that you could possibly make it work with 2 and would be cool if you managed (since most koth maps go with three).

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
This looks super cool but doesn't play really well. Mid is very cramped and there is no point on going under the cap point where the most of gameplay area is

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
So we just played this. A couple of things came up (check the feedback.tf2maps.net site for detailed feedback).

The walk from spawn to mid is too long. Move the spawn forward by about the length of the spawn.
Mid is very cramped, with a huge height disadvantage if you're on the point.
General prop spam around the map.
Speaking of spawns, remove the upper platform, let everybody spawn at the floor level but keep the stairs.
Out of bounds stuff where people can get to.

One thing I do like, detailing and gameplay wise, are the stairs connecting lower to the fake-o intel room. It looks great and gives a perfect sneaking-up-from-behind route without people seeing you, as not much fighting is going on in there. Great for Backburner Pyros (like me).