Spawn points not valid?

Muenster Monster

L1: Registered
Apr 22, 2018
Hello, I'm trying to create a jump map, and I'm creating the initial logic of the map. I have 24 spawn points currently set to any team and have done the following, from one of my previous threads a long time ago:
Yes it is.

Simply place a 'trigger_hurt' over your spawn points, add a 'filter_activator_tfteam' and a 'point_clientcommand' somewhere in the map.
  • Give the 'filter_activator_tfteam' a name like 'Flt_Blue', the team to the one you don't want to use, and filer mode to 'Allow'.
  • Give the point_clientcommand a name. I like simply 'Clientcommand'
  • Set the damage on the 'trigger_hurt' to anything over 450 (enough to insta-kill an overhealed heavy). Then set it's filter to your named 'filter_activator_tfteam'
Then go to your trigger_hurt's 'Outputs' tab, and give it the following outputs:
Code:
OnHurtPlayer > Clientcommand > Command > jointeam red > 0.00
OnHurtPlayer > Clientcommand > Command > join_class soldier > 0.10
What this will do is make a zone that will kill any blue player that enters it. When it kills them, it will make the player join the other team and then a fraction of a second later select the Solider as their class.

I've switched the teams around so it forces you to go on blue, but it's fairly buggy and spawning in on the Red team causes me to die quite a few times before actually being switched to Blu. However, I'm also only spawning in a single spot when on Blu and I'm also getting this error message:
EntSelectSpawnPoint(): No valid spawns for class #TF_Class_Name_Engineer on team 3 found, even though at least one spawn entity exists

Here is what my spawn looks like in Hammer:

jrFMGub

EDIT: I have fixed the spawn point problem itself, but the force team thing is still buggy.

Last edited:

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
EntSelectSpawnPoint(): No valid spawns for class #TF_Class_Name_Engineer on team 3 found, even though at least one spawn entity exists
I don't remember seeing that error before some update added the ability to restrict spawn points to certain classes with Hammer flags (which don't work anyway). You can safely ignore that report as it appears only when the spawn point isn't assigned to a specific team, and causes no absolute harm.

goodgameslv

L1: Registered
Jul 31, 2020
my spwan point looks like errors
please help

Attachments

• help with this.png
    help with this.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 225