Some Entities hidden while viewing through Info_observer_point

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Malcolm, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my Info_observer_point: It does not show all the entities it should show! I have a rather large hall with models and glass (as func_brush), but when I start the map, i see a rather plain view of this quite detailed room. But when I push Space on my keyboard, those hidden entities appear - has anyone an idea?

If necessary, i could post a before - after pair of screenshots to show the "effect".

Malcolm

2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Your observer point may be partway into the wall or ceiling

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, make sure that the observer point is not inside or otherwise obstructed by something.

4. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, it's either outside the map or inside a brush...

5. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    No, it's definitely outside any object (and, of course, inside the map), and i have already placed it for testing purpose in another part of the hall, with the same outcome.

Here is a screenshot taken from hammer, so that you can see that no obstacle interferes with the entity:
    [img=http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9403/screenhammerll3.th.jpg]

any other suggestions are welcome as this is one of the last things i want to fix before the first release.

6. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    that happens in my arena map too. Hit space bar and the control point appears.

I haven't noticed it in other maps so I don't know if it's a Hammer thing or what.
    Can't say I have really looked for it either.