1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Some Entities hidden while viewing through Info_observer_point

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Malcolm, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my Info_observer_point: It does not show all the entities it should show! I have a rather large hall with models and glass (as func_brush), but when I start the map, i see a rather plain view of this quite detailed room. But when I push Space on my keyboard, those hidden entities appear - has anyone an idea?

If necessary, i could post a before - after pair of screenshots to show the "effect".

Malcolm

2. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    Your observer point may be partway into the wall or ceiling

3. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, make sure that the observer point is not inside or otherwise obstructed by something.

4. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, it's either outside the map or inside a brush...

5. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    No, it's definitely outside any object (and, of course, inside the map), and i have already placed it for testing purpose in another part of the hall, with the same outcome.

Here is a screenshot taken from hammer, so that you can see that no obstacle interferes with the entity:
    [img=http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9403/screenhammerll3.th.jpg]

any other suggestions are welcome as this is one of the last things i want to fix before the first release.

6. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    that happens in my arena map too. Hit space bar and the control point appears.

I haven't noticed it in other maps so I don't know if it's a Hammer thing or what.
    Can't say I have really looked for it either.