[SOLVED] Looping Ambient Sounds Not Stopping

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by PevWolf, Feb 10, 2016.

1. PevWolf

PevWolf Un-Notable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so I am adding trains to my map. The train needs sound of course, so I put down an ambient_generic and set it to the train's sound. On the timer making the train start, I also made the sound start with it. It worked just fine. The problem is it wont stop. I tried making it stop OnPass in the last path track. I tried doing it with a delay in the timer. I tried messing around and adding path tracks. Nothing worked. The sound would just keep on looping forever. Can someone help?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    How are you stopping it? Onpass > Sound > Stop?

3. PevWolf

Positive Ratings:
    OnPass > Sound > StopSound

4. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Only ambient_generics with the "Does not loop" flag unchecked are allowed to recieve the stop input I think.

5. PevWolf

Positive Ratings:
    Darn. Well if that's the case, how do I make a looping ambient train sound that runs for the duration of the train?

6. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Does not loop unchecked = Yes, looping
    You want looping.
    I don't actually see the problem here.

7. PevWolf

Positive Ratings:
    I need looping until the train has gone through the map. The problem is I can't get the sound to stop.

8. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Again, having the "Is NOT Looped" flag unchecked should allow you to stop it. Heres more shit from the VDC:
    Start Silent
    The map will start without this sound playing. Enabled by default.
    [​IMG] Bug:
    Looping sounds that do not start silent cannot be controlled!
    Is NOT Looped
    Changes how the ambient_generic handles stopping and starting playback. It won't stop a sound that loops from looping, but it is still very important to set it to the right value. You might not be able to stop and/or start the sound if it isn't!
    [​IMG] Bug:
    Having this option ticked while using a looped sound WILL prevent you from controlling it!

9. PevWolf

Positive Ratings:
    I might have tried that, but I'll do it again. I'm currently not at my computer, but when I get back I'll input your suggestions. Thanks for the help.