KotH Sollytude

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by J4CK8, Mar 28, 2012.

1. J4CK8

J4CK8 L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]Sollytude[​IMG]

A Medieval koth map

Been over a year since I posted anything here so what better way to return than with a medieval king of the hill map.

koth_sollytude, combining King of the Hill game mode, with medieval gameplay and a Skyrim inspired environment. With a formula like that, it's bound to be awesome! Unfortunately I'm involved in that formula too so its success percentage is drastically reduced somewhat...

This is the final version (hopefully?) so thanks to Mikeypilk for feedback and testing, and to Paulmega for feedback and testing, and to anyone else who tested it/gave feedback. Also thanks to tf2mods medieval prop pack, available here

2. Bereth

Bereth L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    For a medieval map, soldier seems a poor name choice. Maybe snipitude, or Demkarth. A class that people play in medieval mode.

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Not sure how it'll play. Kind of hard to tell with those images. Might be open in a few area's.

But overall...

not bad. Not bad at all.

EDIT: I see Solly's in medieval all the time. Equilizer is great.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Looks interesting, except for the hologram overlapping the gallows, which looks bad.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. J4CK8

Positive Ratings:
    The name refers to the Skyrim town of Solitude, partly becuase I'd spent a large amount of time playing Skyrim, and partly becuase it takes inspiration from it.

I wasn't really sure what to do about that, but can only find myself agreeing with you. I could've either removed it altogether (surely the worst thing to do), keep it overlapping the gallows, or lower it, which made it too low imo and just looked wrong and was difficult to spot at times. (It's already quite low as the cap point is underneath the raised wood.

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    What about just sticking it over the broken boards? So the bottom piece is just there but then the \?/ is at least above the noose? Or... move the platform the noose is on back a bit so it has room?

7. J4CK8

Positive Ratings:
    I did try it above the boards, but it would stick through the top of the beam holding the noose. If I put it midway so the \?/ was in the rope, it looked really obvious that the hologram was floating above the ground to me.

And the beams cover the 'trapdoor' that drops which actualy causes the hanging, so that has to stay underneath the noose, and the cap point sticks through that gap. (There is a cap point base prop 'hidden' underneath the platforms)

I'm pretty OCD about this stuff sometimes...

8. DA_DuckDiarrhea

DA_DuckDiarrhea L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I like the custom textures (something that I can't figure out how to do).

9. Empyre

Empyre L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    How about moving the noose higher, above the hologram?

10. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

I made this a while ago. If you want to use it, lemme know - I'll give you the DL link.