ARENA snpr_playerhunterz

ZiggyOwl

L1: Registered
Aug 21, 2011
Spawning has 10 per side so 20 players in all. It should be good enough so people will not spawn on top of each other and get stuck if this happens please report the bugs on this thread.

The Huntsman an Jarette are the only weapons that can be used on the map I tested every weapon on the sniper and there all disabled but those two :). Also all the classes are disabled to if you join a different class you will be killed and spawned as a sniper.

So when playing this map make sure you have The Huntsman loaded in the loadout.

From keeping people that dont have the huntsman bow and that is rare since its an easy item to craft and find. But if this does happen im sure in mani admin and source plugin there are commands to get your way around this. For now I do not know this option in hammer.

The textures are great i'm gonna release an early alpha tonight after dinner time so 6pm 7pm est time. I'm just gonna put the final touches on the textures and away we go bow hunting.

New Title: snpr_xbowhunter

P.S. If your gonna host this map tonight or tomorrow on your server please let me know so I can see how it handles with all the players so PM your server ips :).

Last edited:

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
I know but its still only a alpha release I will try to fix those little nasty bugs on the next release along with more coverage.

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Coming soon Alpha 1.2 fixed added some lighting and more hiding spots for players, fixed places where you might get stuck added player clip. Also expect a xmas version of this map when this one is 100% done :). I will fix the lighting give me some time lol.

Oct 6, 2008
Glad to know you have the different spawn points - my butt is feeling much safer now about spawning into the game - lol

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Almost got the lighting fixed there is few dark spots to fix but almost there. Also hammer keeps crashing on me so I might need a new HD or something I have no clue if theres a fix for this or not.

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Thats what I been doing since the first 3 crashes lol. Here are some new screen shots :) i forgot to add shadow control but the grass to me looks 10 times better.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
I cant use grass for the entire map or it will look flat i tryed everything I know to fix this light enviroment light spot etc nothing worked it just made the buildings darker in some spots. Also im sick of hammer crashing so I guess its not gonna get to release unless someone else wants to finish it I will send them the vmf file.

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Decided to redo the map from scratch see if that works out better. So its going to be a week prolly before another release.

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Just downloaded my map again and going to decompile it and re-start again. I got a faster computer going to try and fix the leaks and make it a little darker and less flat. I have read all of your inputs and so far decent feedback only a few cons as I listed. As for when someone spawns in with a sniper gun. I have made target points to make sure they cant spawn with a gun or secondary or melee weapon. This map is strictly for bow hunters! I may change the name.

ZiggyOwl

Aug 21, 2011
Well looks like this is on the back burner again because Hammer Editor keeps crashing I am using Windows 7 64bit until I can get this fixed the map wont be re-done for awhile. I do agree I should do a whole knew map with better layout design and make it a bit more funner. If hammer will work for me I will start this project again if not then sorry it is what is lol.