MVM Sleet a1

Sleety MvM map

1. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sleet - Sleety MvM map

(what I should write here)

Anyway, my first try with MvM maps, the underrated gamemode! This map follows pretty much the double spine MvM layout aka what Mannworks uses. Definitely not the most creative map ever and has some elements from Coaltown and Mannworks.

As I got more into this map, I realised how much this actually copies from other maps and now I take this as a practice pretty much. However that doesn't mean I wouldn't push this to rc some day.

I try to be as open as possible for feedback about layout but at some point I will start new one. Main reason for that could be map being too similar to official maps.

Enjoy!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Xelily

aa Xelily That guy with a battleship

Positive Ratings:
    i would like to help detail this but if you dont need help on this then thats alright.

3. Hyperion

Positive Ratings:
  4. Benoist3012

Benoist3012 L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Verdict of test #1 on Potato's Custom MvM Servers

Overall the map looks nice, but layout reminds a bit too much mannworks, some things have to be changed to make it feels more unique as epicfighter said
    As you know bomb paths are broken, only a map reset fixes it, so I believe you should copy what's under logic_auto for bomb path to wave_end_relay.
    The map needs some sniper bot spots, also most of players during the test and I think it's missing ammo packs and health kits at the front, and a forward upgrade station as well.
    I also noticed some displacements clip problems, but I know you are going to fix them, here a non complete list of them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    not a displacement bug but nodraw texture visible here

And then here some random things, that have to be changed.
    [​IMG]
    Sentry buster unable to detonate on that sentry.
    [​IMG]
    2 medium ammo pack next to each other, I believe you meant to have a medium health kit and a medium ammo pack here, and if you didn't then replace them with a big ammo pack.

Other than that, the map was really cool to play, it's the 2nd snowy map we have on the server :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. FortyTwo

FortyTwo L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    As what Beno had said, the map need to be more unique, you could make your whole map into a 90 degree, C or even a S curve, because right now it just a straight line, which is not that fun.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hyperion

Positive Ratings:
    Actually I meant to place two ammos. I made some notes during testing already but thanks for feedbacking here too! I think I'll try to make it C shaped or add even some angle

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016