Jul 21, 2016
MilkMaster updated Skirmish with a new update entry:

Final1

-Updated detailing
-Fixed Hale particles not working properly
-Updated skybox
-Added particles to some lights
-Adjusted position/amount of health and ammo packs
-Adjusted the rock003.mdl model above the curved wall of the arena slightly across the Y axis for no apparent reason whatsoever...
...-and on a completely unrelated note, added something really really cute!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Miki

L1: Registered
Feb 10, 2022
I got some feedback on your map, Skirmish has been my favorite of the two vscript maps so far (Tinyrock).

20230423145142_1.jpg
The "million dollar strat" has to be camping Hale's spawn with Heavy spam, a Pyro airblasting him the corner, and Jarate for mini-crits. It did make combat happen quicker, I will say though I preferred Tinyrock's way of releasing Hale into the map from above. Lots of people started rushing the spawn when they figured this out until it got boring. Just something to be aware of.
20230423152334_1.jpg

Here is a Soldier using the Base Jumper and melee to play "Flappy Bird" one guy in the server called it. You smack the invisible wall with a melee and hop forever in the air. You could punch him out with the charge, but it looks really silly.

20230423143843_1.jpg
20230423141537_1.jpg

There's a vent above middle you can stand on. Apparently one player enjoyed sitting on that perch doing nothing for a few rounds, stalling the game.

20230423155034_1.jpg
20230423150236_1.jpg
Stuck spot between these rocks on the right facing the initial spawn, happened twice.
20230423141441_1.jpg
Above one of RED's spawn points (the tram cage) is a Sentry nest spot you may not be aware of. Gave Hale a hard time with 3 Engineers and a Pyro airblasting him. But Hale eventually managed with a super jump and charge attack, they got huge mileage from the super punch obliterating the group which was a treat to witness.
20230423154834_1.jpg
Here is a corner people didn't like this guy hiding in. It's beside the point, back wall under this stair prop, but it got Hale to capture (which is the only time I saw anyone capture).

Overall, I like this map over Tinyrock, and people in the server I was in seemed to favor it over Tinyrock, even calling extend map votes.
I loved the:
  • Asymmetrical layout
  • Multiple RED spawns (I felt blue room was the worst far from Hale / the combat)
  • RED vs Mann Co sign
  • Saxton Hale sign above his spawn
  • Location variety (cave, crocodile room, cafe)
  • Fighting pit middle arena
I played as all classes, so a few thoughts: As Sniper, I wished I could have a Sniper tower to watch over my team without feeling so exposed, something like Swiftwater 1st. Felt like I didn't have the luxury to not only quickscope Hale or else he jumps out of my angle. I liked Pyro able to juggle Hale into the low ground and keep him off teammates. That wall above Hale's spawn was nice to wall climb, saved me at times. And Engineer I felt was pretty boring and linear, either build a small Sentry to cover teammates, or hide in a corner (blue room, above tram) and let your team fight him alone. Maybe some more platforms like the little roofs in middle would be nice so Sentries have more proactive spots.

Good efforts contributing to the Hale Vscript stuff, you got a good grasp on it.

Last edited: