Sentry issues

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Excalibuur, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Excalibuur

Excalibuur L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    My second map is really comming together. This is the first time i have used water, a fun learning experience. The water is fine but sentries will not shoot out of the water. I know there is something that i am missing, but no clue what it is. Also i can only see "5 feet' in front of me underwater. Please hit me in the head here and tell me what i have missed :)

Thanks

Excal

2. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    what water texture is it?
    Did you no draw 5 of the sides and put the water texture on top?

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I believe that's just the way sentries are. They won't fire out of water, but will fire into it. The visibility has to do with the settings in the material... try a different water material.

4. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    You can build sentry's under the water on 2fort that shoots anything it sees. :confused:

5. clownfish

clownfish L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It depends on where in that water they are at, If its completely underwater it wont shoot out of the water

6. frothy

frothy L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, this is wrong too. If you build a sentry at the very bottom of the water in well, it shoots the people jumping over the mote/going over the bridges. So in all cases, the sentry is able to shoot out of the water.

7. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm.... I believe this warrants a hearty round of testing! ...once I get my library released.

8. clownfish

clownfish L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I just tested to confirm if I was right or not, I built a sentry and it was unable to shoot at people that was NOT in the water

9. Excalibuur

Excalibuur L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    thank you for all the replies, so if i understand correctly the sentry is NOT suppose to shoot from the water to targets on the surface correct?

Excal

10. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    you got a mask on? of course if you pyro class - you odn't have that problem :)

11. frothy

frothy L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is news to me. But since you tested it, I'll take your word for it.