Selbyen

Selbyen b4a

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
This map has definitely come a long way in terms of its detailing and layout! Keep up the great work! For that reason though, I'd recommend updating your screenshots for the map. It's looking quite different than before!

Also, if I had to suggest anything so far, it would be to consider making the window frame props in the screenshot below (on both sides of the map) non-solid. It would make it much easier to get in and out of for players without getting stuck on the center bar. That's all though, really! Good stuff!

1668438156619.jpeg

Last edited:

Gravidea

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hey there! Loving the new Fish Bucket Pickups. Just wanted to let you know that there are clips at the end of the docks on each side, near the red and blue arrow signs. From the looks of it, some sort of railing was likely there before, but now it's just an invisible hindrance. If any screenshots are needed, let me know! Great job so far!

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Your map has exceeded the 60MB "safety net" for downloading maps. I would recommending culling some unnecessary assets wherever possible, as players do not want to wait forever in the download screen.

Jacov

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2021
Hi, thanks for the map. I hope you read this thread.

There are few problems.

1) You can build teleporters behind these beams (on both sides) and trap people there:
1689512099297.png

2) func_nobuild doesn't cover the whole spawn (for both teams) and engineer can build tele exit on their spawn, allowing enemy spies to enter:
1689512140154.png

Jacov

Feb 25, 2021
Also, after a bunch of times playing it on casual, I would suggest clipping that yellow building's roof entirely. I often see one of the teams taking position there, which makes other team's efforts that much harder (fighting from low ground is a big disadvantage). Defending team is just forced to stand near their health and ammo spots.

1689513151691.png

You can argue that a decent sniper can snipe foes on that roof, but power imbalance is everpresent in casual. There may be no snipers on one of the teams, or no good enough snipers, or people camping on roof can be too good, etc.

If clipping the roof seems too radical, maybe placing func_nobuild there? It won't fix the problem, but at least there will be less wrangled sentries placed there.

reiidaya

Dec 4, 2022
This is a good and fun map! It's quite laggy though, I've heard complaints of bad frames from four people besides myself. I hope that you can figure out ways to further optimize it :).