Science asset pack?

Mystic Monkey

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 24, 2011
For a while I been tinkering with a plr map I've been working on set in an industrial chem lab.
I was wondering if there is an asset pack out there themed around science, chemistry and laboratories?

Things in particular I'm after are:
  • Complex set-up of glass tubes, flasks and bottles with coloured (team coloured?) liquid. (Example) The kind you'd find in a "mad scientist" lab. Either glass items be seperate but preferably a single prop that would make decorating tables more easier.
  • Particles that may compliment the above prop. Things like bubbles or heavy fumes that come from the bottles etc.
  • Large scale chemical vats. (Example) Maybe have a "mixer" as a seperate animated prop.
  • Various canisters for specific chemicals. The sort with valves and such on them. Maybe some canisters team coloured.
  • Bunsen Burners, microscopes and other devices found in a laboratory.
  • Large pipes, lke the ones in props_industrial, only with windows where you can see liquid pass through.
One particular item I would like would be a payload cart, one made to poison or contaminate than usual explosion. Maybe something along the lines of a large reinforced canister or a glass container with jigglebone liquid. When triggered its explosion evaporates the content and maybe activates a thick putrid fog to give the impression of poisoned air.

You'd think with such maps as Mountain Lab, Rottenberg and Monster Bash which are laboratory themed there'd be more sciency stuff to work with. Would such an asset pack be cool?

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
2fort_Invasion has some of these props: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697657088&searchtext=invasion

Void made some large chem vats for slaughter: https://tf2maps.net/downloads/slaughter.2795/
Not sure if he released those yet tho

Large pipes, lke the ones in props_industrial, only with windows where you can see liquid pass through.

This is a neat idea, Ive been thinkin about making a comprehensive pipe pack

One particular item I would like would be a payload cart, one made to poison or contaminate than usual explosion. Maybe something along the lines of a large reinforced canister or a glass container with jigglebone liquid. When triggered its explosion evaporates the content and maybe activates a thick putrid fog to give the impression of poisoned air.

I like this idea as well and would probably be fairly easy to do; theres lot of custom payload carts out there, the jarate one, the potion one, caludron one.

Mystic Monkey

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 24, 2011
I forgot about 2fort_invasion. Some of those props would be very useful for my map.

https://tf2maps.net/attachments/20200227214037_1-jpg.118783/
The use of catwalks and vats, that's what I want for my second-part of my plr map! The idea is payloads ride up and down pipes positioned precarously over vats. (but if they fall there is chance to miss a vat and recover) Theres also catwalks and sidewalks so not entirely unfair.

(That is, if I ever finish the first part of my plr map. I still can't get the payloads to move and RED spawn door is acting up. I might make a seperate thread on it.)

But yeah it be nice if there was more "mad science" props to decorate with. Think Nutty Professor laboratory. Given my map is themed on industrial chemicals it's why I'm after glass chemistry sets, vats, chemical reactors and pipes that carry chemicals.