Rum

Jan 20, 2010
cp_rum_A3b is released:

Changed the lighting around including the skybox (Yay trainyard!)
cp_rum_a3b0016.jpg

Added a second direct path to the back section of blue spawn (the hole on the right next to the ramp above the pipe.)
Shortened the capture time on all points

cp_rum_a3b0005.jpg

cp_rum_a3b0004.jpg

Moved and added some props on CP B

Did some minor optimization for better preformance
Added a few more directional signs for ease of navigation
The door from red spawn to CP B now locks after CP B is captured by Blu
Fixed a few messy brushes.

Note: Still messing with the light on CP C. I understand it's a bit odd looking right now, I'll probably change a few more times.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Gameday bump:

Things to change (that have already been changed, actually, as of this writing):

Add a way to flank A as offense (done.)
Shorten the capture time of A and C (done.)
Enlarge the area around C (done.)
Make the second path to B for red more obvious (halfway done)

Flame had something else to add. But I couldn't hear him.

Just so everyone knows, the one way door to A was not meant to be red only. I had accidentally team filtered it, so it can be used for more effective flanking now.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Triple post ftw.

Bump for the playtest today. Things to change:

C is too easy to defend. Have a plan to fix it already.
The fast way to B for offense should be on the lower floor or farther away from the CP.
A is captured far too quickly. Will raise capture time significantly. Perhaps make it a bit more of an epic battle.
I heard some complaints about stairs but I'm playing at my sister's house and the speakers make it difficult to understand people, so I couldn't get what most of you were saying about it.
Flame mentioned a gap that he fell through, I think he meant the one directly after you exit the higher Blu spawn exit on the right.
Some ramps are too thin, I think. Will widen them for ease of use.
I'm sure there's more, just couldn't hear everything. I'd love someone greatly to fill me in on what I missed. :D

Anyway, been doing a little detailing while bored.

cp_rum_a4a0003%20(2).jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Updated to cp_rum_a4a:

Lowered CP A's Capture Time
Raised CP C's Capture Time

cp_rum_a4a0005.jpg

Moved Red's fast path to CP B farther from the CP

cp_rum_a4a0006.jpg

Widened and rotated the direct ramp to CP B

Defenders:
cp_rum_a4a0007.jpg

Attackers:
cp_rum_a4a0016.jpg

Modified the paths to and from CP A a bit to give a small advantage to the attackers

cp_rum_a4a0000.jpg

Textured some of CP C for the hell of it
The gates to Red's fast path close after CP B is captured but the door stays unlocked
Other small things I can't remember

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
It's been a while since I last updated this, but if you're interested in what changed between A4a and A6 check the change log. Here's A5a-A6:

cp_rum_a6 released:

Lengthened the cap time on both B and C.

cp_rum_a60000.jpg

cp_rum_a60001.jpg

Added a walkway on C
Moved the platforms next to C farther back.
Moved C farther back.

cp_rum_a60003.jpg

Added a building for entrance into C.

cp_rum_a60006.jpg

The shortcut to B now has a platform instead of just dropping down.

cp_rum_a60007.jpg

Shortened the platform next to A for easier use by engineers.
Lengthened a higher platform next to A

cp_rum_a60010.jpg

Added windows to the higher building in the blue area and an awning to the only open window.

cp_rum_a60011.jpg

Added a nook behind the sniping spot in the blue area.

Moved and changed a lot of ammo packs.
Put patches under the ammo and health packs.

Aug 10, 2009
The final point detailing is a bit odd.. It looks like it was built to be indoors but it's not. It's like it was intentionally fenced off with concrete walls. It's a little nitpick but there you go :).

Also I hope that B point is a bit different. I remember it from before and DAMNN that was a whoever-gets-control-first-wins cap.

Jan 20, 2010
The final point detailing is a bit odd.. It looks like it was built to be indoors but it's not. It's like it was intentionally fenced off with concrete walls. It's a little nitpick but there you go :).

Also I hope that B point is a bit different. I remember it from before and DAMNN that was a whoever-gets-control-first-wins cap.

Yeah, C will make more sense later. I textured it without really making it the kind of style I plan on making the map and haven't bothered changing it. :p

Either way, B is a lot different and significantly improved.

Jan 20, 2010
Bump for playtest. I have no idea if you guys actually played or just dicked around for the majority of the playtest, but whatever.

Sep 12, 2008
Hey I think the layout (in general) was just too cramped and it felt like there were too many useless parts of the map. I have never seen CP B (both when defending and attacking - yes we DID play some serious rounds before going all crazy), meaning that it's too easy to cap. A however, was very hard.

I feel like the start of the map is there, but it's a bit of a mess and maze, at the moment. Making the layout more straightforward would help; like less corridors, less tiny hallways, less tiny doors. Keep in mind that TF2's scale is bigger than reality.

This is a quote from someone, I believe it was eerieone - he made premuda and cashworks if you wouldn't remember - saying:
"When I create my layout, I make sure there is always enough space to let the famous dumptruck model drive through."

A very useful advice, and it helped me a lot before.