Rottenburg on the roof

CP Rottenburg on the roof Beta 12

sooshey

:3c
aa
Jan 7, 2015
It is possible to make rottenburg into a CP map, but like I said you'll have to do a lot of work. I just checked out your update and wanted to point out a few things and make some suggestions.

First off, you're gonna want to block this massive sightline because a) it's ridiculously long and b) it's nearly impossible to counter.
egaUYgc.jpg

Next, your hud icons cap in the wrong order. See this is the second point and it looks like i'm capping the third.
JKciY0C.jpg

There's some funky vis issue happening here at the last point that I haven't any clue how to fix, but I'm sure some more experienced mapper can help you with that.
RuvLwyv.jpg

This flank, the route the tank sometimes takes, is lit very poorly and is way too long. You should either shorten it or remove it entirely.
JZmvhVp.jpg

Lastly, I know being able to go on the roofs is the Selling Point™ of your map, but it just doesn't work well. They're so steep that you can surf on them and from some rooftops you can see right outside the map. I honestly suggest replacing the clips.
OSg1nyo.jpg

KaydemonLP

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2015
- Removed the big entrance doue to snipers being able to shoot from a realy far distance
- BLU needs to hold the first point 1 minute before continuation
-fixed some exploids being able to go out the map
-time to capture the first point set from 20 to 10

Read the rest of this update entry...

sooshey

aa
Jan 7, 2015
There are much better ways you could have gone about blocking that sightline other than filling it with rock props, now you really need to add more flanks to make up for it since that will end up being the worst choke in the history of TF2.

Having to hold the point for one minute seems kinda useless and confusing, especially since there is no way players will know what's going on. You also don't have an audio cue to say when the next point is available or anything.

You'll also need to check your clipping again because i still got outside the map no problem.

Lastly, change your filename BEFORE compiling to reflect the version number. so that people don't end up with two different versions of your map that are named the same

Last edited:

KaydemonLP

Nov 17, 2015
There are much better ways you could have gone about blocking that sightline other than filling it with rock props, now you really need to add more flanks to make up for it since that will end up being the worst choke in the history of TF2.

Having to hold the point for one minute seems kinda useless and confusing, especially since there is no way players will know what's going on. You also don't have an audio cue to say when the next point is available or anything.

You'll also need to check your clipping again because i still got outside the map no problem.

Lastly, change your filename BEFORE compiling to reflect the version number. so that people don't end up with two different versions of your map that are named the same
I tried to find a better way like 1 prop for 1 side but i coudnt find anything like that so i went for the worst. Im still trying to make the anouncer say thet they need to hold the point.

KaydemonLP

Nov 17, 2015
I had huge errors that coudnt be fixed so i needed to remake the whole map. Sry it took so long.
-Added light to hte tunnel
-Changed stones blocking the way to destroyed tanks
-added a resuply locker to the red spawn

Read the rest of this update entry...

sooshey

aa
Jan 7, 2015
When you do a post-download update, you have to put in something new in the version string or else the file won't actually update.
You should also name your vmf based on what version it is (for example, cp_rottenburg_on_the_roof_v3) because different versions with the same name will cause problems for people who have downloaded your previous versions.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
You should post some screen shots of the updated version.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
You should post some screen shots of this map on the overview, I (and probably others) want to see what you have changed.

Bogdy

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 13, 2014