Respawn Room Visualizer Trouble

SwiftChuck

L1: Registered
Jun 30, 2023
Hello, I am new to map creation, and while testing to see if both of my rrv's work, I came across an annoying bug while compositing the map. While the visualizers will work for one door, the other will only work once its door is opened. Both are in the same location relative to their respective door and it seems this bug is based on which of the rrv was placed most recently with the older one being the bugged one. If any help can be provided it would be much appreciated!

T

The Asylum

Doors should be irrelevant to the respawn room vis brush, don't know why it rendering would be dependent on the door's open/closed state. All you should need to do is set the associated respawn room name in the properties tab and its good to go.

Post a screenshot of your properties tab for your respawn vis brush and maybe we can help

SwiftChuck

Jun 30, 2023
Doors should be irrelevant to the respawn room vis brush, don't know why it rendering would be dependent on the door's open/closed state. All you should need to do is set the associated respawn room name in the properties tab and its good to go.

Post a screenshot of your properties tab for your respawn vis brush and maybe we can help
I have linked a (video) from youtube I made that does what you asked and more to give you a greater understanding. Thank you for your time!

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
This is a known render order error; one respawnroomvisualiser will render behind other entities for seemingly no reason. It still functions perfectly well at keeping the other team out of your spawn.
Some perfectionistic mappers choose to move the respawnroomvisualiser affected by the bug outside the map into a nodraw box of shame, and then replace it with a new visualiser.

SwiftChuck

Jun 30, 2023
This is a known render order error; one respawnroomvisualiser will render behind other entities for seemingly no reason. It still functions perfectly well at keeping the other team out of your spawn.
Some perfectionistic mappers choose to move the respawnroomvisualiser affected by the bug outside the map into a nodraw box of shame, and then replace it with a new visualiser.
Haha alright thank you for the help, also may look at those guides of yours I am making a koth map.

T

The Asylum

I have never had this happen, ever. strange.