[RESOURCE] GUI Soundscape Editor

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
Sweet! Out of curiosity, what did you program this with/in?

C#
(with Visual C# Express 2008)

Also, I'm currently testing a version that is fully compatible with the official L4D soundscapes. I know it's a pain to keep downloading new versions so I'll try to make this the last update (assuming there's no bugs) for a while (or at least until Portal 2 ;))
Update should be out tomorrow or friday.

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
OK I forgot to tell you that the "Thursday or Friday update" was in valve time. :p I'm aware that it's annoying to download a new version so often, so this should be my last major update (except bugfixes) for awhile (until Portal 2 most likely).

This update should fully support loading of L4D and L4D2 Soundscapes into the editor. It also fixes a few bugs with file loading.

Code:
What's changed in 1.8:
  - BUGFIXES:
      - Fixed crash on loading a file with a null keyvalue (Editor and Debugger)
  - NEW FEATURES:
      - Fully supports loading of L4D and L4D2 Soundscape files
  - MINOR CHANGES:
      - Combined the "DSP Settings" and "Soundmixer" entries in the rule list into a "(Settings)" entry which also contains new settings when mapping for L4D/L4D2

ZLOI_DED

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2013
Thx, but i have a problem...
I select "PlayLooping" and Browse for a file, which in directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\sound. And i have an error when i try to play it from that programm: "That file wasn't found on any GCF or on disk for the selected game, Team Fortress 2". WTH is going on? :confused:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Geez. I think every single third-party Source modding tool has been wrecked by this thing. And of course, all of their creators have dropped off the face of the earth. This is exactly why all freeware should be open source, always.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
env_soundscape

Use the "soundscape" drop down list and pick one used there from other maps.

Personally, I set Radius to -1 and put one in front of every transition from indoors to outdoors and match the soundscape accordingly.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
What does "player can see the soundscape" mean? That it is in PAS? PVS? Hitscan?

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, this was definitely broken by the steampipe thing. The app's XMLs list TF2s sounds as a GCF instead of a VPK. I tried editing the XML to open the sound VPKs in the \tf folder, but it doesn't seem to work. :/ Hopefully someone out there can fix this.

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, this was definitely broken by the steampipe thing. The app's XMLs list TF2s sounds as a GCF instead of a VPK. I tried editing the XML to open the sound VPKs in the \tf folder, but it doesn't seem to work. :/ Hopefully someone out there can fix this.

Just had a funny moment where I did the same thing I did 2 years ago and was like "hey, I should go ask for this to get fixed." And what do you know, I did this same thing 2 years ago and don't even remember it... >_>

Anyway, any chance of this being fixed? I know cynick hasn't posted here in like 4 years, but it must be possible. Anyone have any ideas?

fartlick

L1: Registered
Oct 31, 2017
WTF DOESN'T LAUNCH!!!!!
PIECE OF SHIT

STOPS RUNNING
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: soundscapeeditor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.8.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4bb8d26a
Problem Signature 04: SoundscapeEditor
Problem Signature 05: 1.8.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bb8d26a
Problem Signature 07: 4b
Problem Signature 08: 9e
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

FIX PLS

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
WTF DOESN'T LAUNCH!!!!!
PIECE OF SHIT

STOPS RUNNING
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: soundscapeeditor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.8.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4bb8d26a
Problem Signature 04: SoundscapeEditor
Problem Signature 05: 1.8.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4bb8d26a
Problem Signature 07: 4b
Problem Signature 08: 9e
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

FIX PLS

its been seven years since this was posted and four since the last response by the poster

you're on your own.