[REQUEST] Carcasses/Bones

zornor

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 14, 2009
OK I admit guys it's just the ribcage of Godzilla who happened to grow a buffalo ribcage at the bottom of his own ribcage.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
nubcake.

Did you make the ribcage, then scale it down, then bone it? If so you probably need to reset scale/position. Not sure how to do it in that program. In 3dsMax you actually have to hack it a bit and the reset tool is flawed.
What I do is make a small cube centered on the grid. Doesn't matter what size, just never resize it.
Make it an edit mesh and attch your ribcage to it so they are one object. This resets the ribcage scale to 100% because that's what the box was.
Then delete the box.

Hopefully that'll help.

I've also found with the exporter you have to delete the ribcage from the file before exporting the collision model. If you hide it it will still be there on export.

SiniStarR

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Mar 31, 2009
does it really need a collision though? i mean unless its gonna have physics i really don't see why you cant just put a playerclip over it once you put it in hammer.

May 23, 2009
Exams are over, blender: noob to pro is read, hair is pulled out, model is compiled and works :D

carcases.JPG

ribcage2.JPG

As you can see its almost exactly the same colour and size as the existing skull so you can just hide the plaque in the ground and use the two together.

No collision mesh, seems unecessary to me but I can make one if needs be?