Regular Event - 6v6 Testing

Connect_Four

L2: Junior Member
Jan 28, 2009
Trying to get 12 people to do something they aren't comfortable with (6v6) is a hard thing to accomplish with the way this community and its environment runs things. What makes these lobbies and pugs much more difficult to organize is because of bias. People are more prone to stack to player F's team than to players S and T's team.

Just my 2 cents

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Personally, I don't care who is playing and how they are playing. As long as they aren't actively trying to ruin the game or cause trouble for their team, everyone is welcome.

Selentic seems to be receiving a lot of flak for pocketing trotim. I'm trying to see both sides of the argument here. But my personal experience when playing with selentic is that he pockets the demo while still healing people who call for it and are in range.

Pocketing is a huge part in 6v6 and it's not really the same thing as "healing only X", you pocket someone because you trust them to protect you in tricky situations, and to have someone reliable available at all times.

People seem to find the "healing only X" case happening quite often though, and since I'm not them, I don't know exactly what the issue is, or when, or where on the map. what kind of scenario in the game, for how long time period.
Either way: discuss this between yourselves. Selentic, I know you have a bit of a rude mouth, but if someone confronts you with a complaint. Try to be reasonable okay?

Because here is the problem from my point of view (directed at everyone): People are too busy arguing about something I can't see happening to join my lobby games that I spend hours trying to get working.

It's frustrating and annoying. Sometimes I wonder why I even try, but then I remember that this is the only place to test the ctf comp maps for voting. So stop ruining it for me because I do enjoy playing these games.

Last edited:

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
With Selentic and Trotim on one side, the other team is ALREADY stacked against them, regardless of who's on it. A 12v12 pub test gives more valid feedback about comp gameplay than a 6v4v2 with "S and T".
Alright that's it then! I for one am not going to play in these 6v6s anymore, because obviously, if me and Selentic don't play, the lobby fills up quicker.

You're also disregarding the fact the team S and T are on doesn't lose more often than any other team

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
When the complaints aren't ludicrous shit like Shmitz's imaginary occasion where I willfully ignored everyone in a 6v6 and only healed Trotim, (which he's been toting around for the last 3 months) then I'll consider it, but frankly I'm sick of this bullshit I receive from a majority of this site for healing someone who I get along with exceptionally well, and who I enjoy playing with.

In 6v6s that I try to organize for the mappers benefit, when rav isn't around to run things, or on my own server, I do pocket Trotim if he's around, yes I'll admit to that (oh dear, guess I'm a troll again or something!) but as Rav said, pocketing is a critical part of 6v6, and if you honestly think I don't heal anyone else besides Trotim, then you've never played with me, or you're absolutely oblivious.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
You know, I would stop playing on these just to prove you wrong but I don't want to cause Ravidge any more trouble than he already has arranging these. What I did do now though is go through my list of matches on TF2Lobby and from there the last time I found even being with Shmitz in the same game was on 12th April, on ctf_overlook_a9.
That's the link: http://tf2lobby.com/stats/lobby?id=41481
The fact it's the penultimate game registered on your TF2L profile shows that even if your claim once was true, disregarding the time gone by since then and thus any change in character and playing style we may have developed is silly.

First of all, both Medics healed about the same. If Selentic only spent time keeping me overhealed, he'd have way less (and fewer ubers obviously). On top of that, and I really don't want to sound like a prick here, Shmitz has 6 kills and 20 deaths. Now I seem to recall during that match you had severe lag issues but either way I find it hard to believe you can make an eligible assessment on what "S and T" did. Furthermore, Ravidge just stated that he's never encountered the problems mentioned by the others, thing is he was in the very same match.

Still on your TF2L profile, the last game you played was on the 18th, on Ravidge's map ctf_fusion_a7. Once again me, Selentic and you were in this match, but more importantly, Ravidge himself was the lobby leader and present as well. If Ravidge didn't have any complaints about us back then and says he still has to personally encounter this "trolling" of ours ingame, especially considering it was his own map, I'm wondering what exactly lead you to this observation.

/OBJECTION!

Last edited:

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
Hey it's been two days.

Now I'm sure we're all surprised at the lack of any responses from the hundred some people who frequent the forums and are more than happy to complain about pocketing during gamedays. I mean, this is after all, an opportunity for you to finally make a legitimate argument about the issue.

You guys did have one, right?

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Can't say pocket demoman is my favourite tactic, but hey, you're the medic.