Radiate

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
of course you still don't have fun, this is essentially the same version you played last time :p

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I feel that at the moment, it's too hard for RED to defend if BLU captures B first. Either make A more difficult to capture after B, or give B some other effect.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
C is a tricky area.

The cap time is long (for good reasons), but it's always incredibly protected, even at it's lowered state.
As an attacker you can see the enemies coming (while capping) trough the glass, but can't do anything about it. You have to peacefully wait until they decide to pop around the corner, and at very short range.

Now, This makes it so you have to practically dominate the entire C area to succesfully capture it. Not a bad thing in itself, but in combination with the layout that mostly favours red It can feel pretty tough as a blue player.

I think you can make the last capture a little more vulnerable to attacks, so that the fighting is always about the point, and not about going berserk on the spawndoors.

I've not played enough to say this is good advice, but It's my inital reactions.

Also the sniper windows at C are overpowered. Force the snipers into a more vulnerable position (where they can be shot at with grenades/rockets), as it is, that line provides too much overview with very little danger.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Also, add in a few solid walls to the glass so that engineers can place some dispensers and sentries without being seen by anyone who walks in.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
of course you still don't have fun, this is essentially the same version you played last time :p

I thought it was exactly the same version <_<

I was just reaffirming that after more play my opinion is unchanged

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
I sometimes wonder why almost all gravelpit style maps have last points which are basically symetrical from both sides.

Not saying its a bad thing in this map, I can't really say as I haven't played, but in theory having a final point which is different coming from B then coming from poing A sounds more interesting and has a higher repaly value.

Just IMHO.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Reaction, as a name, is lame. I'm taking suggestions for Names.

cp_reaction
cp_fusion
cp_fission
cp_atomsmasher
cp_atomic
cp_manhattan
cp_isotope

Last edited:

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
cp_synthesis
cp_decomposition
cp_element
cp_compound
cp_goldberg
cp_alpha
cp_beta
cp_gamma
cp_delta (etc., up until omega)
cp_reactant
cp_reactor
cp_wastor
cp_vecte
cp_tinker

to stay in the same chemical world

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
You spelled Manhattan wrong, Icarus.

Also, I suggest...

cp_mitosis
cp_prophase
cp_metaphase
cp_anaphase
cp_telophase
cp_interphase

I dunno, I'm in Biology right now and those seem like somewhat fitting names.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
cp_alchemy
cp_fluctuation
cp_photon
cp_proton
cp_neutron
cp_electon
cp_ICARUSton
cp_quark
cp_tech (this would be my pick)

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Like the name, in case you forgot you might want to change map name and info in your first post.